Classy Hobby M5 Stuart

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Classy Hobby M5 Stuart

Post by silversurfer1947 »

For anyone who has one of these or is thinking about purchasing one with a view to converting it to rc, a conversion kit is now available from 35rctank.com http://www.35rctank.com/html/k20.html
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Classy Hobby M5 Stuart

Post by Kaczor »

There is already thread about that:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30850
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

I just requested a PayPal invoice for the purchase of 2 of them. :)

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Kaczor wrote:There is already thread about that:
I am well aware of that, but as the availability has just been announced, I thought it appropriate to put the information in Hobby News, which is what it is.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
Kaczor wrote:There is already thread about that:
I am well aware of that, but as the availability has just been announced, I thought it appropriate to put the information in Hobby News, which is what it is.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

It was already out of stock one day after 35RCTANK sent me an email announcing its availability... Its unknown when a second batch will be available.

From the instructions, you should not think this is a plug and play "kit". For the price, I still see all the required kitbashing of the original fragile suspension arms that are not being reinforced or replaced with new custom metal components. Splitting up the main suspension to make it spring activated will not be easy. Not sure the spring suspension will be of much use on what is still a table top RC vehicle. The original plastic tracks are not replaced either and require tricky assembly. If metal tracks ever become available on the market, i doubt the weak idler arm and plastic suspension will be able to hold them. In my views, the conversion kit is not addressing the most critical components if you were planning to send a Stuart in the field with other RC tanks. Set your expectations accordingly.

I just noticed a note on the 35RCTANK product web page that everyone should read before ordering.
"Attention: This conversion kit is designed for experienced model maker which may be difficult for beginners. Please read the manual to see if you have the skill and tools required."
Last edited by lmcq11 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

I tried to order 2 but they would only sell me 1. :O

It has been in transit since 3-25, hopefully it will arrive in the next few weeks.

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

BarryC wrote:I tried to order 2 but they would only sell me 1. :O
It has been in transit since 3-25, hopefully it will arrive in the next few weeks.
Barry
Maybe not a bad thing Barry. You'll see what you're getting for $219 before deciding to order another one from the second batch.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Has anyone received and building a Stuart using the conversion kit ?

Return to “Hobby News”