Mato Servo Nogo

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Mato Servo Nogo

Post by Jofaur86 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I just returned the wiring through the MFU as it was from the outset. I am now seeing that everything works, but for two new problems.
1) the recoil servo operates momentarily as it should; however, the barrel seems not to be connected to it. I will investigate this to see if a mechanical link has come loose.

2) the elevation servo is operating erratically:
...a) Sometimes it operates momentarily as I switch on the MFU power. I believe this is normal.
...b) Sometimes it operates in response to the transmitter control, but will not stop turning until and unless I switch off the MFU power.
...c) Sometimes it begins operating immediately as I switch on the MFU power, and it will not stop until and unless I switch off the MFU power.

(Phenomenon b initially led to panic as the arm of the servo wrapped up wires resolutely. :O I quickly realized it would be good to remove the servo arm not only from the gun, as I had already done, but also to remove the servo arm from the servo, too. :S )
on your first photo, MFU, is it a Clark TK card? Personally, I would temporarily remove the servo control rods and connect them directly to the receiver (in the absence of servo control) in order to see what is happening ... and to know which stick of the transmitter controls what? seems silly, but not ditto on all TX, and will confirm if everything is OK, one last thing, are you sure that your battery is properly charged? do the motors run normally or not?

important, check the servos setting in the transmitter menu? neutral position (O) and travel (100% minimum) all this has to be done directly on the RX without going through the TK plate
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Jofaur86 and abramsky, you have been kind, and I have attended to your suggestions carefully. Unfortunately for me, your knowledge and the equipment you have are far, far more sophisticated than is mine. This is the first tank I have without "proprietary" electronics (i.e. Taigen/Torro or HengLong). This Mato M10 comes with the transmitter, receiver, and MFU installed, unnamed as to brand (but I think that I was told some years ago that Mato uses Clark), and without any instructions or equipment for testing, re-programming (if that's the correct word), etc.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Mato Servo Nogo - the saga continues

Here is the latest I can explain about the elevation servo's action.

After I took the M10 out of the box and charged the battery, the elevation servo operated correctly and trouble-free through short test runs on three different days. There was not noticeable cause for the sudden problem, not jamming, nothing.

The elevation servo is now free of any load. Shortly after the problem first occurred, I disconnected the servo arm from the gun. When on subsequent testing the problem continued to occur, I also removed the servo arm from the servo itself.

I have checked to make sure the battery is fully charged.

I have also checked the transmitter switches to make sure they are in the correct position as they came with the M10.

When I test the elevation servo, I leave all the controls in the "neutral" position and do not touch them at all.

Now when I turn on the tank, the servo "homes" momentarily and stops. This action I believe to be normal for any servo, and the servo did so when the M10 was operating correctly.

After a second or two, the elevation servo begins operating continuously and will not stop until and unless I switch off the MFU power.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

If I were you, I would disconnect both servos from the MFU and connect them for testing directly to the receiver...
All you need to do to find where the problem is is:
1.Your tank transmitter (TX = transmitter)
2.Your tank receiver (RX = receiver)
3. Also worth having a regular voltmeter (cheap multimeter for around $ 5)
4.And possibly a servo extension cable (cable with plugs on both ends as in the servo)
That's all.
Now. You disconnect the wires going from the receiver in the tank to the MFU. Then you need to connect both your Servos to the receiver (to any channel on the receiver). Now you turn on the transmitter.
Then you connect the receiver's power supply (I don't know what your supply voltage is - I trust it's below 6V).
And you check which of the sticks or switches of the transmitter the servo responds to.

But first of all. Take a picture of the transmitter, receiver, and show the exact wires going to the receiver so that we can somehow check how you have it connected.
You have already received all the advice with links. If you calmly read how the servo and the transmitter work - you will succeed. If you still have a problem - make a video and show exactly how it all works. But you have to bypass (disconnect the MFU of the tank to rule out possible problems with it). You can also send me a PM if nothing else helps)...

Update:
If the servo will respond to commands from the transmitter correctly - then you will be able to exclude their failure and you can look for a problem in the MFU. If not - probably one or both of the servos are damaged or the problem lies in the incorrect settings of the transmitter (we still don't know anything about it - take photos).
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Thank you, abramsky, for all the information. I am keeping it and will read and re-read to learn. I believe the MFU in the Mato tanks is a Clark board, but I am not sure. Someone here on RCTW might know for sure. Again tonight, I will be trying the servos connected through the MFU supplied in the M10. Who knows, maybe a mysterious correction will occur.
You can aways picture the board and send the email to Clark to view for an answer on the board. Or ask Maxmekker he is Clark programmer that could find the answer. Hope this helps if your still having problem with id'ing board.

Sent from my ONA19TB003 using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Thank you, Shooter: I forgot that our Dutch fellow sells Clark boards.

Abramsky: your directions about going directly to the receiver are clear to me. I will try so and get back to you, probably tomorrow. I will make sure first to check the voltage coming out of the receiver.

Here is a photo of the transmitter. I took it when I first opened the the M10 to ensure that I kept the switches correct. I see now that it's some version of the Flysky. It does not have a screen such as I have seen on transmitters for sale in hobby stores. ( :think: ) Maybe there is a downloadable program to set parameters. I will search online.
Mato Flysky.jpg
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

That is a rebranded flysky.

Think no more, no need to measure anything, neither get servo testers. Just plug the servo in the receiver and move the sticks. If they move is because they are fine.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:That is a rebranded flysky.

Think no more, no need to measure anything, neither get servo testers. Just plug the servo in the receiver and move the sticks. If they move is because they are fine.
in view of the photo of the transmitter, and my personal opinion? the 3 middle servos are on "Reverse" and not on normal? as already said, take out your receiver and connect the servos to the outputs of the receiver, (supplied with 6 volts) and by operating each stick the servos must move, all ditto
example connection for tests, ignore number of servos on photo
29415D32-7310-4358-A0A2-E61871AFCB2D.jpeg
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

also beware, with TK plate, some functions use the action of the two sticks in a precise order (see Clark notice) the turret rotation only uses the left horizontal stick, FWD / Reverse left vertical stick, etc
Clark TK 40
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx4 ... Correction
Clark notice, see post "conventional 4-channel diagram" which handle actuates what

Return to “Other electronics”