Horch 108

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Horch 108

Post by Tiger6 »

Been pecking away at this for a while, nearly done:
Horch 108.JPG
Horch 108.JPG (96.06 KiB) Viewed 560 times
EAO

Re: Horch 108

Post by EAO »

Tiger6,

I've always liked the look of Horch 108's. I believe that the "spare" tire was actually able to spin to prevent the vehicle from being "high sided"? At any rate, that would really be a nice addition, as it's really not seen that often, but should be IMHO! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Are you quite sure it is a spare wheel and not a Lift Axle which could be lowered by the driver to aid traction ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

jarndice wrote:Are you quite sure it is a spare wheel and not a Lift Axle which could be lowered by the driver to aid traction ?
No, on the early models the spares were tied to the chassis and were used to prevent the vehicle from grounding on a freewheeling mount. The later model deleted this capability in order to cut weight - but the Horch was not produced after 1942 due to its very high weight in exchange for a relatively small payload, and was replaced by 1,5ton vehicles like the Steyr and Mercedes.
RobW

Post by RobW »

Very nice. I take it you finally ran out of US trucks?
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

It's a cool model for sure and I am excited to see some of the various versions which can be done :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

EAO wrote:Tiger6,

I've always liked the look of Horch 108's. I believe that the "spare" tire was actually able to spin to prevent the vehicle from being "high sided"? At any rate, that would really be a nice addition, as it's really not seen that often, but should be IMHO! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
The reason I asked about whether it was a lift axle is because in the early 60s I believe Daf did produce a truck for the Dutch Army which did incorporate a lift axle much on the lines of the Horch.
Of course after much searching I cannot find my source which really frustrates me because it means I am working from memory :lolno: :lolno:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Tiger6 wrote:
jarndice wrote:Are you quite sure it is a spare wheel and not a Lift Axle which could be lowered by the driver to aid traction ?
No, on the early models the spares were tied to the chassis and were used to prevent the vehicle from grounding on a freewheeling mount. The later model deleted this capability in order to cut weight - but the Horch was not produced after 1942 due to its very high weight in exchange for a relatively small payload, and was replaced by 1,5ton vehicles like the Steyr and Mercedes.
Thank you for clearing that up, most grateful :thumbup:
EAO

Post by EAO »

Sir Jarndice,

It beats me! After I read your reply, I started doubting my own memory, as it did seem that somewhere I too recall a lift axle to facilitate getting unstuck?! :think: :crazy:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
igi911
Recruit

Post by igi911 »

Looks like Polish Pz. In?. 303 :)
Attachments
PZIn?_303_copy_800x392.jpg
PZIn?_303_copy_800x392.jpg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 511 times

Return to “3D Printing”