Programming Clark TK40S Board

Discussion for Clark electronics.
OKC_Jim
Recruit

Re: Programming Clark TK40S Board

Post by OKC_Jim »

Thanks for trying to help guys!

Looking like the servo port is bad and thus not registering when it is jumped with the jumper. I'm in the process of exchanging the board.

Thanks again,

Jim
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

I know you are sending the board back, but just a quick question, did you have the TX on while you were doing this?
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

personalization of the tank, just above this photo, look ,the notice of the attached link
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx4 ... Correction
D0EB8B78-138B-4092-AC6A-CDC983032D67.png
switch off, install this in CN 2
3F1C314E-5982-4A98-A208-C45A7460046E.png
place the jumper, and re-power
9D6AE6F5-245C-4224-A09E-67539936FD54.png
power on again, make adjustments with Sony, power off again, remove the jumper, power on again, install a servo, and test.

I don't have a TK 40? just TK24, but I know that for my part, there is an order of use of the sticks, and for some functions one of the sticks does not go all the way, and for some others, it's just a short movement , a little disconcerting at first, but it's ok. Now I don't know if the case on a TK 40? view that not indicated?
OKC_Jim
Recruit

Post by OKC_Jim »

Jofaur86 wrote:I don't have a TK 40? just TK24, but I know that for my part, there is an order of use of the sticks, and for some functions one of the sticks does not go all the way, and for some others, it's just a short movement , a little disconcerting at first, but it's ok. Now I don't know if the case on a TK 40? view that not indicated?
Keep in mind I am still very new to this so I may be wrong. I don't think the TK24 was available is the s-bus version? My understanding is that the TK40 (non s-bus) requires stick manipulations to activate the various functions. With the TK40S ( 'S' denotes s-bus version) the stick manipulations aren't necessary for the various functions. My left stick rotates the turret and controls elevation of the main gun and the right stick controls forward, reverse, and turning. The functions such as shooting and lights and stuff are activated with switches and knobs on the transmittier.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

OKC_Jim wrote:
MichaelC wrote:You press the sleep button again and it will flash twice. Same for options that have more than one state. Each time you press the button it goes to the next state.

Thanks Michael,

But when I push it (any button) again I get the same number of flashes.

As an example with momentum, I push it once. It flashes once. I push it again. It flashes once.

As an example with mixer mode, I push it once. It flashes 5 times. I push it again. It flashes 5 times.

Maybe this will help. If I push 0, I get the sound of an incoming round followed by an explosion. I don't remember how many times it flashes.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, if you get the incoming round sound and explosion that means you are NOT in programming mode. The jump plug should be in the inner most servo port next to the 5 pin plug. Also you have to have the plug in before you power up the board.

Sorry was offline and didn't reply earlier.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

OKC_Jim wrote:
Jofaur86 wrote:I don't have a TK 40? just TK24, but I know that for my part, there is an order of use of the sticks, and for some functions one of the sticks does not go all the way, and for some others, it's just a short movement , a little disconcerting at first, but it's ok. Now I don't know if the case on a TK 40? view that not indicated?
Keep in mind I am still very new to this so I may be wrong. I don't think the TK24 was available is the s-bus version? My understanding is that the TK40 (non s-bus) requires stick manipulations to activate the various functions. With the TK40S ( 'S' denotes s-bus version) the stick manipulations aren't necessary for the various functions. My left stick rotates the turret and controls elevation of the main gun and the right stick controls forward, reverse, and turning. The functions such as shooting and lights and stuff are activated with switches and knobs on the transmittier.

that's what I was trying to explain, yes the TK 40 replaces the 24 and the 40s another system that I do not know, so trust you. Just easy to help, to the extent of my modest knowledge. Good Sunday :thumbup:
OKC_Jim
Recruit

Post by OKC_Jim »

MichaelC wrote: Jim, if you get the incoming round sound and explosion that means you are NOT in programming mode. The jump plug should be in the inner most servo port next to the 5 pin plug. Also you have to have the plug in before you power up the board.

Sorry was offline and didn't reply earlier.
No worries about being offline.

I never could get the jumper to work. The board is in the process of being swapped out with another and this one will go back for repairs.

Thanks
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

8O am I going to ask a silly question? but what type of Radio TX and RX is used? compatible with Ibus system?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

like am stubborn, 8O and would like to know? after having re-read the Clark TK 40 manual (replaces TK 24) there are two versions (see tables)
version TK 40 S / SP / SPG2.Sbus / SbusGps, I see that only the channel one ,is used on the receiver, and that the different inter SW A.B.C etc. must be assigned to the channels indicated at the bottom of the table?
In the version TK 40 / TK 40 P / TK 40 PG2, and TX 6 Ch. The 4 channels are used? Have you also programmed the radio as indicated below? i'm just trying to understand
91E5EBDC-BDAD-4523-A1B1-1B5F258C334D.png
91E5EBDC-BDAD-4523-A1B1-1B5F258C334D.png (199.1 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
8DDD703B-652E-41FE-99A0-589D025B307C.png
see table below in the instructions
OKC_Jim
Recruit

Post by OKC_Jim »

Jofaur86 wrote:like am stubborn, 8O and would like to know? after having re-read the Clark TK 40 manual (replaces TK 24) there are two versions (see tables)
version TK 40 S / SP / SPG2.Sbus / SbusGps, I see that only the channel one ,is used on the receiver, and that the different inter SW A.B.C etc. must be assigned to the channels indicated at the bottom of the table?
In the version TK 40 / TK 40 P / TK 40 PG2, and TX 6 Ch. The 4 channels are used? Have you also programmed the radio as indicated below? i'm just trying to understand
91E5EBDC-BDAD-4523-A1B1-1B5F258C334D.png
8DDD703B-652E-41FE-99A0-589D025B307C.png
see table below in the instructions
Jofaur,

I'm not sure I am understanding what you are asking but I'll try to answer.

I'm not sure if saying only 1 channel is used on the S.Bus version is accurate. The plug from the MFU is inserted sideways in the receiver, across multiple plugs. Somehow S.Bus allows multiple channels to 'flow' through this one connection. So, my understanding is that multiple channels are being used but they are all going through that one sideways plug.

And yes, then you go through and assign switches to channels.

I have absolutely no experience with the non-s.bus versions, so I don't know what is hooked up.

Yes, my radio is programmed as shown. Stanlley Legion on YouTube has several good videos covering the setup of the s.bus version.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Return to “Clark”