Weathering steps

This board contains guides to painting and weathering, please post your tips, tricks and tutorials here.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Weathering steps

Post by MrChef »

I'm going to bring this one back up with some helpful points that I got from watching Mig do several demos when I was searching for steps in the modeling process for painting and weathering.

According to Mig Jimenez these are his steps for painting and finishing his models. He points out several times as well as Martin Kovak does that they don't spray multiple different clear coat layers in between steps or rarely at the end of effects. Granted they build models that are not handled as ours will be but their methods have done me well so far. I may just use a final Matte Clear coat if need be.

Important note he uses an airbrush but I've also seen him hand brush and I've also followed his steps and used Tamiya rattle can spray paints with success-

1) Primer
2) Base coat mixed with Satin Clear coat
3) Decals
4) Filters
5) Washes
6) Oils, Streaking, Fading
7) Chipping
8. Pigments, Dust, Dirt, Rust, Enamel natural effects
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Then, too, check JNewboy's "Magic Grime." Some of us use it with good effect. Here in the US it's sold by Alpine Model via evilBay. JNewboy is a member here on RCTW and hails from, unh, California I think.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:49 am Then, too, check JNewboy's "Magic Grime." Some of us use it with good effect. Here in the US it's sold by Alpine Model via evilBay. JNewboy is a member here on RCTW and hails from, unh, California I think.
Absolutely! I've seen his use this product with great results. I've watched his vid using it. I'm curious about the product. His product and method remind me of the way I've seen Warhammer mini modelers use AK's Streaking Grime.
Martin2556
Lance Corporal

Post by Martin2556 »

Looking good, nice job you’re doing on your weathering. 👍😊

Below is a link to the weathering steps I follow.

viewtopic.php?t=30246&start=30
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Very nice. I look forward to you sharing more.

Return to “Painting and Weathering”