WW2 medals insignia and memorabilia

This board is for discussion of replica or original uniforms and equipment (such as rifles, mg's, airsoft).
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: WW2 medals insignia and memorabilia

Post by EAO »

Here's the artist's proof of Oscar Boesch's FW 190, White 14. God, I love the look of these things!

Cheers,
Eric.

P.S. Frank, I use Tapatalk to post pics. The other member's recommended it. It's easy and I'm an idiot, so I highly recommend it!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Last edited by EAO on Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thank you Eric.
He doesn't have much in the way of bullets, apart from an old clip of .303's, the rest are more modern, mostly NATO rounds, however, now you've caused me to give another 72 quid to our forgebear for more inert rounds for the lad, oops :{
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Eric, you’ve got to be kidding me! 8O So very impressive!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Eric, you wrote: " He was shot down 8 times [...] He was an amazing glider pilot." I intend no disrespect, but it is an amusing juxtaposition! :D

From the late sixties, I have an EAA story involving a helicopter on the lawn: would it be "off topic" here? (It's not off color.)
EAO

Post by EAO »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Thank you Eric.
He doesn't have much in the way of bullets, apart from an old clip of .303's, the rest are more modern, mostly NATO rounds, however, now you've caused me to give another 72 quid to our forgebear for more inert rounds for the lad, oops :{
Mick,
Ah, go ahead with the youngster and splurge a little! :D It's great that he's interested in these things in the first place, as too many his age and older are not! Thanks to my Grandfathers, Uncles, and Father for instilling a love of history, and the recognition and admiration of the sacrifices of so many to do what their country asked them to do in dire times. Hopefully, this "learning" experience that you are so generously passing on to him with stick with him throughout his life. I know mine has. :clap: :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Jimster wrote:Eric, you’ve got to be kidding me! 8O So very impressive!
Hey Jim,

Hope you're staying warm over across the Mississippi! This is the longest, and coldest spell since we moved here 13 years ago. It's definitely brandy or whiskey weather! :D As for my collection, Jess says that I have a problem. :/ I'd say I have more than one problem. :lolno:

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Eric, you wrote: " He was shot down 8 times [...] He was an amazing glider pilot." I intend no disrespect, but it is an amusing juxtaposition! :D

From the late sixties, I have an EAA story involving a helicopter on the lawn: would it be "off topic" here? (It's not off color.)
Herr good Dr.,

Hope you have been "bringing in the brass monkey" at night! :D That's a hilarious observation you made there! I never thought about it that way! :clap: You've piqued my interest with the chopper story, do tell. :think: Since you're from Wisconsin have you seen any Kee birds yet?! That's assuming you know what one is, they're very rare and only come out on the coldest days.

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ahh, the reference to the brass Monkey.............havnt heard that in a while !

Outstanding collection Mr EAO , I too had a similar gathering but Russian & rare Finnish that dated back to 1899 right through to 1984 being the latest firearm. A select few allied & German weapons(MP38, M1928 Thompson,Sterling SMG) I bought & sold L1A1's and the occasional L2 to raise funds for the core collection at the rate of 2/3 a month but as they never interested me, off they went.
Coins that matched rifle dates, tool kits, cleaning kits, slings, covers, oil bottles, magazine pouches,magazines, bayonets , section armourers tools, pistols, machine guns, you name it, just missing an example of a Winchester lever action chambered in '54R and a Makarov.
Then I came to Aussie & had to sell the lot before I left.................... :'(
I even had an agent for Peter Jackson(the film Director) turn up to purchase my PPsH 41for his private collection (found that out after he paid for it ) and a member of the NZ Police in Wellington purchased my '91/30 Sniper rifle with matching scope & mount numbers to the rifle.

The good ole days as is said.
I have nothing left now but a few pictures and memories.........
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hi HERMAN BIX
Where did you move to OZ from, if you dont mind me asking?
Regards
Frank
EAO

Post by EAO »

Thank you Mr. Bix,

That firearm collection of yours would of been one that many would give their eye teeth for! Sad days indeed, now that most "upstanding, law abiding" citizens can't be allowed to own such things. :-< :( Thankfully, things haven't progressed to that Draconian level here in the States... yet. Of course, for the "full fun auto" type, one does need to obtain a Class 3 FFL.

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Uniforms / Equipment”