1945 Jagdtiger Tank Destroyer

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 1945 Jagdtiger Tank Destroyer

Post by maxmekker »

Thanks for sharing a nice update . Looks like a cozy 'cave you can retreat to :thumbup:
Drammen Rock City
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Looking good, some fantastic vistas you have there too!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

If you don't like the Colorado weather just wait 5 minutes! :lolno: The JT is looking good!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Afternoon all! Jimster, truer words neer' spoken! Even after 41 yrs here, it can still surprise me. Max! Thank for looking in again! I've lived in the small ( and cozy ) space here for 5 yrs now. Even tho' a bigger space is in the offing, I think that I will still do my old guy Hobbies here. Gillaspy, Thanks, Doc! The fun continues! The vistas I owe to the mountain ranges that surround us here in the Valley. Eric! A very truthful saying. It is coming along, my friend. Tonight I put the road wheels and idlers back on the Lower and remounted the tracks. I was pleased that I could now adjust the idlers and track sway with the adjusters after the circlip fix and they stayed where I left them at. A small fix but important when your tank weighs as much as this monster.
Pics: Click to Enlarge
Attachments
On it's paws again.  The color works well with the black tracks..jpg
On it's paws again. The color works well with the black tracks..jpg
Adjustment is solid now on both sides.jpg
Adjustment is solid now on both sides.jpg
Everything in alignment.jpg
Everything in alignment.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Those tracks are hanging just right! Very nice.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Painless, I am a bit late on this: I, too, have great luck with the Rust-oleum 2X red primer, as well as the gray and white. The four other modelers who come each Tuesday "borrow" it so often, even for 1/32 and 1/48, that I just bought some and put it out for all to grab. I have no problems with those primers under enamels or acrylics.
How are the pups doin'?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Afternoon! Thanks, Jimster, using the Mk 1 eyeball to even out those idlers. :o) HDP! I am fairly pleased with this new to me primer's performance. A little dusty going on but that could be the dryness here affecting it. The Tamiya overcoat went on perfectly! Waylon is still somewhat lonely. He misses Jack like we do. Things will get better. Thanks for looking in. I am traveling tomorrow but will be returning to work on the Jagdtiger on Sunday,
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Painting models is certainly weather-dependent, I can certainly attest to that, Painless. :D The weather seems to be fickle globally, these days, however, and not just in Colorado or The Highlands. We also have the same 'wait five minutes' meme here, Incidentally. :D
It's also said that after living here for six months; you begin talking to yourself. After a year- you begin talking to the sheep. After 18 months; they begin talking back :lolno: :crazy: There's some truth in that.
I shall look forward to those trademark Painless refinements on the JT. It's already shaping up nicely.
The best thing for Waylon would be a partner pooch; but puppies- should you get one- require lots of time, and eagle-eyes. There must be a rescue dog out there looking for a good home, and a Waylon. Dogs also manifest strong evidence of bereavement. Mac went looking for Minnie for a week, after she died, then Midgie looked for Mac, after he passed... (Fi and Finn miss Midgie now)..._
However. I still have two, and believe that with a human and one dog, two's company- but three is perfect! :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening, Roy!
We are shaped by the Land that we call Home. This Tank Hunter should have a few nice refinements to catch the eye and provide some candy. A new family Puppy or two is in the works. A new Greyhound who will not be ready to come home til Autumn. A Dachshound as well, perhaps.
Take care up there and stay safe,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

I picked up tools over the last couple of days to do the last bit ( fingers crossed ) of electrical work on this Build. The brass convoy light is of the type where only one of the lens illuminates. Great for looks and requires no dimming down. Two power ports are available on the Taigen series 3 board. There is the standard 'rear lamp back up' and on these new boards with their receiver option, there is the two pin circuit close mini port which is always powered. I have never liked the standard option since there is no Light unless the tank is in reverse. To use the two pin mini port, a cable has to be soldered together to work with the coated wire of this type of light. The results are worth it.
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Late War Convoy Light.jpg
Late War Convoy Light.jpg
Routing the power cable internally.jpg
Routing the power cable internally.jpg
Making up a cable for the mini port.jpg
Making up a cable for the mini port.jpg
The Socket for External Signal was used to power the rear convoy light..jpg
The Socket for External Signal was used to power the rear convoy light..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”