Challenger 1

tomhugill
Captain

Re: Challenger 1

Post by tomhugill »

Over a year since I did anything on the chally, poor even by my standards!

Figured it was time to get the ol' gal down cleaned up and finally finished.

First order of business was to replace the gaitor as it was a bit underscale, comming off a 1/10 car. I tried two off a 1/8 car and this does the trick. I cut the ends off and smash them together. You get the saggy look of the real thing this way. I also added the rain cover.

ImageImageImageImage

Next up was the gpmg, it has suffered at some point loosing the barrel and the grab handle. I found in my stash a better printed one from Woz (sorry James) so used parts from that to repair the one I've got.

ImageImage

The turret seemed to be missing some of the various seams and ridges I hflcould see on my references so these were added with styrene of various sizes. The castleated piece were cut by hand so not perfect, but once painted you shouldn't notice.

Image[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk

I next added the marker lights, I wanted them to function so used the 0.5x1mm pico smd LEDs for this. After the t72 marker lights this was a walk in the park!!

Finally I shot the turret with some fine surface primer. It's always a nice stage as all the disparate materials used are immediately tied together. Things look ok, some bits I would normally tidy but with the next stage probably not needed.

Next up will be anti slip, barrel sleave and a couple other bits and bobs. Hopefully paint will follow soon!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Challenger 1

Post by tomhugill »

Not a big update but some progress. I finally got round to adding the anti slip to the challenger. This was done using the hull tex products. Overall easy to apply although I got the scattered version by mistake. I also decided to shoot some primer and colour over everything to see how it looked. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Return to “Modern Builds”