Merry MacChristmas!

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Merry MacChristmas!

Post by EAO »

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the lapse here. I had to get rid of my Mother In Law. At least Covid has kept me from having to see her like 3 to 4 times a year! At least she didn't come in the house, get closer than 6 feet to me, or worse yet stay in my "Man Cave" (I prefer to call it "The Bunker"). I love my Father In Law, Mother In Law not so much.

At any rate, here's a little picture of the 6 inches of snow that we got at the cabin just before Christmas. Only happens about every 3 to 4 years down there and surely doesn't last long.

Stay safe and hope all is well. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas...as Merry as one could make it this year.

Regards,
Eric.
Attachments
IMG_20201215_134136036_HDR (800x600) (550x413).jpg
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

You always crack me up, man! Beautiful scenery.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening!
A foot of the white stuff and still falling fast as I get ready to call it an evening. Another Storm is moving through the Rockies today and the high valley up here between these three Ranges always gets it good when the winds are right. I will try to get some pics in the morning before work commences. I was talking to Sassgrunt the other day about waiting for it to dry out a bit so I could run my 'Desert' PzIV and get a video done. He jokingly suggested Ostketten but it looks like I will be waiting a while longer. Looks like I may have to charge this beauty up...
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Working out of the box...a better battery is on the way.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Evening!
A foot of the white stuff and still falling fast as I get ready to call it an evening. Another Storm is moving through the Rockies today and the high valley up here between these three Ranges always gets it good when the winds are right. I will try to get some pics in the morning before work commences. I was talking to Sassgrunt the other day about waiting for it to dry out a bit so I could run my 'Desert' PzIV and get a video done. He jokingly suggested Ostketten but it looks like I will be waiting a while longer. Looks like I may have to charge this beauty up...
regards,
Painless
Brrrrr!! By coincidence, Painless, I've just bought my very first 4-wd truck. In fact, its the first 4-WD vehicle I've ever owned, in any scale, although I've driven 4-WD (and 8_WD!) offroaders and tracked vehicles. This HL example's going to be the basis for a WW2 Recce armoured car- either a Daimler Mk 1, or an AEC Mk 111. I'm not sure yet. Christian does a kit for the AEC... :think:

It can really really snow up here. It's easy to forget that we're on the same latitude as Anchorage, Moscow and Oslo- and not all that far from the Arctic Circle. 8O
However, Winter's are often moderated here on the West coast by the Gulf stream. But when the old North Wind blows down from Iceland, we can get winters like this:
( I took these a few years ago, just 50 metres down from my house, and then through my kitchen window.... :D

The mountains in the distance are the Torridon range. Loch Ewe is in the foreground. Tourists often come up in Winter to Ski, Climb, freeze, and be rescued by the emergency services :haha: Sometimes it's just for New Year's Eve celebrations: - whiskey, men in skirts, and another famous Scottish export:- the song 'Auld Lang Syne'.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Thanks to you Eric, Jim, Painless, Mick, et al... for making this defiant Christmas thread! :thumbup: Sod Covid!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Winter's are often moderated here on the West coast by the Gulf stream. But when the old North Wind blows down from Iceland, we can get winters like this:
Roy, if that Gulf Stream lets you down with its moderating, give me a shout, I'll come up there and ban that ol Icelandic North Wind, you only have to ask ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon!
Roy! Those WPL trucks make a great base for so many excellent other vehicle builds. I've left this one as is since I did that JJRC Lend Lease truck build last year. The idea of a sno-truck is handy to play with on cold, white days. Speaking of such days, here are a couple of the pics from this morning before work.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
The Wet Mountains cloaked in the retreating Storm..jpg
The Wet Mountains cloaked in the retreating Storm..jpg
Looking toward the Sheeps, Big and Little.jpg
Looking toward the Sheeps, Big and Little.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

43rdRR,

I don't find it hard to believe that you get snow up there, but what still blows my mind is that you have actual mountains! My bicycle mechanic is English, and before he broke his back rock climbing he was a professional mountain biker in the U.K. First time he told me this I broke out in laughter thinking he was joking with me. He pulled out tons of pictures and set this Yank correct! :eh: I always loved geography in school, you'd think they would of covered this important fact?! :wtf:

Have a great New Year, at some point it's got to get better?!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Love how the clouds hug the mountains! Colorado has always been my favorite vacation state. Sigh....... I need to go back soon. The mountains are calling me.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimster wrote:Colorado has always been my favorite vacation state. Sigh....... I need to go back soon. The mountains are calling me.
Attachments
Jim.jpg
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Off topic”