Help with T99A issues.

dai phan
Private

Re: Help with T99A issues.

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:And here is the picture you asked for:
I have tried that and all the controls are now messed up. The right stick moves the turret and the left stick drives the tank in reverse!
Any commands on the transmitter I can do? Thanks ! Dai
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: Pomoc w rozwi?zywaniu problemów T99A.

Post by abramsky »

Surely you haven't mixed up the wires from the M1 motor with the M2? You only have to swap the Plus and the Minus on the M1 engine and do the same with the M2. If you connected the motors correctly and didn't touch anything else (you switched in the remote control) it shouldn't happen ... Send the MFU picture with all wires. Without photos, it will be very difficult to say something.

And what version of MFU are you using. 6.0s? If so, you probably switched to two sticks drive.
Use G + Left stick down to return to normal steering mode.
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:And here is the picture you asked for:
I do not understand why switching wires on the motors mess up the command assignments on the TX? Any way to reset the MFU? Dai
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:Surely you haven't mixed up the wires from the M1 motor with the M2? You only have to swap the Plus and the Minus on the M1 engine and do the same with the M2. If you connected the motors correctly and didn't touch anything else (you switched in the remote control) it shouldn't happen ... Send the MFU picture with all wires. Without photos, it will be very difficult to say something.

And what version of MFU are you using. 6.0s? If so, you probably switched to two sticks drive.
The black plug of motor 1 goes into the red of motor 1. The red plug of the motor 1 goes into the black of motor 1. I do the same on motor 2 and now the stick assignment went haywire. Dai
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Since I don't know what else you were doing (what else you pressed on the remote control while trying to repair), I am trying to give you possible ways to fix the problem. If you don't want to do this, don't. It's just difficult to help from a distance without seeing how your wires are connected and what you pressed on the remote control trying to fix the error in operation.
Reset - Removing power may or may not fix the problem. But you probably have 6.0s electronics and dual stick control. You should have a manual where it is described.
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

dai phan wrote:The black plug of motor 1 goes into the red of motor 1. The red plug of the motor 1 goes into the black of motor 1. I do the same on motor 2 and now the stick assignment went haywire. Dai
You should only get a polarity reversal and the motors are spinning in the opposite direction. HL messed up the cable marking and some motors require reverse connection. Nothing else should and shouldn't change. They're just engines with + and - . They either turn one way or the other depending on where the plus is given.

Take pictures when you have it all connected.

And as I wrote before, if you have TK 6.0s - check if you do not have the second control method switched (G + Left stick down)
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

TK 6.0s/6.1s manual
Attachments
Heng Long_TK 6.0S_TK 6.1S.png
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:Surely you haven't mixed up the wires from the M1 motor with the M2? You only have to swap the Plus and the Minus on the M1 engine and do the same with the M2. If you connected the motors correctly and didn't touch anything else (you switched in the remote control) it shouldn't happen ... Send the MFU picture with all wires. Without photos, it will be very difficult to say something.

The version is 6.0S. Dai
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:Since I don't know what else you were doing (what else you pressed on the remote control while trying to repair), I am trying to give you possible ways to fix the problem. If you don't want to do this, don't. It's just difficult to help from a distance without seeing how your wires are connected and what you pressed on the remote control trying to fix the error in operation.
Reset - Removing power may or may not fix the problem. But you probably have 6.0s electronics and dual stick control. You should have a manual where it is described.
I am at work so I do not have access to the tank but I will post a complete photo of my set up for you to look at when I get home . I cannot thank you enough for the help you offer. Dai
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

Hi all,

Just got home and got the wires reversed as advised. Still no go so I switched the wire motors meaning M1 now goes into M2 and vise versa. And black still goes to red and red goes to black and it works! Thank you all for helping me on this !!! But I learned a lesson. This is not Tamiya tank with Tamiya electronics. It does not have Futaba or Spektrum electronics. These are nothing more than expensive toy grade hardware and software ( yes I was brought to my attention from a comment here) so I should not expected too much as I did. As long as I have this realistic expectation now I should be happy of what these HL tanks have to offer. I think the reason why the tank could not do a spin is due to the suspension was arm out of place and prevented the idler wheel from turning as seen on photo. Dai
Attachments
IMG_6100.jpg

Return to “Modern Builds”