Moderators.

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Moderators.

Post by jhamm »

The primary task of a mod is not to ban members ...
This is a forced accompanying phenomenon by individual users
He is primarily responsible for a number of tasks like moving posts to the correct board, greeting new users and lots of boring other things like deleting spam.....
He must want that
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Afternoon all,

I'd like to share my thoughts on the subject of being a moderater and i may repeat what has already been said but they are my own views and I am not representing the rest of the mod team in this post. I am relatively new to this modding job and this is my first post on a public issue. A little while before I joined the mod team the call went out for people to step up to the task which nobody did, myself included ! But then I was approached privately and asked if I would like to do it, I'll be honest with you and tell you that I accepted the post immediately as I mentioned in the thread welcoming myself to the position I was happy to join the mod team to try and help out where I could on the forum.

I see this site as a place to come to get away from the reality of daily ( strife ) life and somewhere which you should enjoy visiting to view the excellent work being done by so many on here and also to share your own hard work and experiences with people who are like minded. I don't come here to discuss politics or anything else which is way off topic I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of other site's you could visit to get these views across.

I understand that the members visit here from all over the globe and attitudes, cultures, languages vary greatly but we are all connected by the joy that the hobby brings us and I would say that the vast majority here are grown adults who should see it for what it is, A HOBBY !

Because of the wide diversity of the membership not everyone is going to see eye to eye and always agree but that is the time that their maturity should kick in and things should not escalate from there, not everyone has the same experience, abilities, capabilities or wishes of what they want to get out of the hobby but should still be valued for their interests. In my opinion the job of the moderators should be to oversee the running of the site keeping it safe from unwanted spam posts, cleaning up threads and general forum maintenance and not being a referee for disagreements which one party is going to get disgruntled. We all have down days and deal with crap on a regular basis but in my view they should not be aired or taken out on here, if there is a problem there is hopefully a team member that you could or would be willing to share it with and not escalate it into a full blown issue on the forum which creates a free for all which is not good.

I hope this issue can be resolved and all parties come to an understanding of what we want from the forum and the hobby in general.

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

While I am rather new to this forum, I have seen moderators on the Australian forum struggle with unfortunate matters. It seems to be a thankless job. I think the moderators on this forum are doing a fine service. So I sincerely send
I THANK YOU
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Gents.,

I can't imagine a more thankless job and one that could consume so much of one's "free time". My hats off to anyone and everyone who has taken on that challenge. I think you have to have an immense amount of dedication and seriousness to this hobby to even consider taking that position. Kudos to anyone who has stepped up! I know I don't have the stuff it takes, as Clint Eastwood once said " a man's got to know his limitations". I'm painfully aware of mine, when I'm not my Wife reminds me! :/

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I must be married to her sister ! :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO

Post by EAO »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I must be married to her sister ! :/

Ha! Knowing her very well, you'd be glad that you're not! 8O

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I should just let this go as I try to lay low during unpleasant forum wrinkles but one thing I must say is that I absolutely hate to see some of our fine folks being called out on other forums. Herman and Mick were both named as the cause of about 80% of our membership loss. Personally I believe the cause is the members themselves. Both Herman and Mick have been super helpful to me and others and I really think a person would have to have a burr under their saddle to not get along with either one of them. I know we have members on both this forum and RCU and our hobby is too obscure to be trashing people. Some personalities just don't mesh well. Just had to defend our unsung warriors.
dane61
Lance Corporal

Post by dane61 »

:thumbup: Jimster.
100% support for our moderators
taigen tiger1 late ir
HL sherman 105mm BB
HL Sherman M4A3E4ish.BB
HL JP recoil, traverse.
HL M26 ir
HL KV1 ir
WsnT34 ir
HL KV2ish
HL Tiger1 early
HL Panzer IV, ir
EAO

Post by EAO »

Jimster wrote:I should just let this go as I try to lay low during unpleasant forum wrinkles but one thing I must say is that I absolutely hate to see some of our fine folks being called out on other forums. Herman and Mick were both named as the cause of about 80% of our membership loss. Personally I believe the cause is the members themselves. Both Herman and Mick have been super helpful to me and others and I really think a person would have to have a burr under their saddle to not get along with either one of them. I know we have members on both this forum and RCU and our hobby is too obscure to be trashing people. Some personalities just don't mesh well. Just had to defend our unsung warriors.
Very well said Jim! This place wouldn't be the same without either of them. As my Granddad used to say "give credit where credit is due, and show a little respect"!

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”