1/16 WCP Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf. C

Custom designs 3D Printed
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Re: WCP Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf. C

Post by sassgrunt »

Will, may I ask what type of adhesive you use to glue your printed parts together? I had to disassemble part of your vehicle-mounted Pak 40 for my RSO build, and I cannot seem to stick any of the parts back together! I have tried two different super glues, as well as MEK and three types of styrene/ABS glues, and nothing works at all. -Mike
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

sassgrunt wrote:Will, may I ask what type of adhesive you use to glue your printed parts together? I had to disassemble part of your vehicle-mounted Pak 40 for my RSO build, and I cannot seem to stick any of the parts back together! I have tried two different super glues, as well as MEK and three types of styrene/ABS glues, and nothing works at all. -Mike
If any parts have been separated then you need to clean the mating surfaces back to fresh plastic. Then you can use a solvent weld type glue like we can get in the UK supplied by ema. I will send some info.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Thank you for the response. I see that EMA doesn't ship this outside UK, so I will find something comparable. Thank you again.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

sassgrunt wrote:Thank you for the response. I see that EMA doesn't ship this outside UK, so I will find something comparable. Thank you again.
Methylene Chloride I think, but I think plumbers solvent weld could work. But be careful and maybe a trial piece to make sure
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

I think Plastruct sell 'Plasticweld' as well - not sure if its the same thing or not? Also have you tried their Bondene product (that might be MEK based tho, from what I remember of the stench)

I also use Revell contacta as an alternative when glueing large flat areas of PLA, is that available out your way?
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Thank you for the replies. Yes. I tried both Bondene and Plastic Weld by Plastruct, and neither stuck at all...it was like using water. After Will mentioned Methylene Chloride, I remembered that it was the ingredient in Tenax 7R, (which I now purchase as "Styrene Tack-It" since Tenax is no longer made). And it works!!! Thank you again - I will sleep better tonight, and it's proof that 2021 will be a better year!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

sassgrunt wrote:Thank you for the replies. Yes. I tried both Bondene and Plastic Weld by Plastruct, and neither stuck at all...it was like using water. After Will mentioned Methylene Chloride, I remembered that it was the ingredient in Tenax 7R, (which I now purchase as "Styrene Tack-It" since Tenax is no longer made). And it works!!! Thank you again - I will sleep better tonight, and it's proof that 2021 will be a better year!
Excellent. Glad that has worked :)
If you have anything else I can help with let me know. How is the mounted Pak40 going?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

Probably not available in the US, but I've been having success with this stuff: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Cement ... r=8-5&th=1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Will do I need to polish your ego with words of praise for your excellent build? :haha:
I have always wanted a German WW2 Half track but for reasons I cannot understand they are not readily available :thumbdown:
So the question is do you have a Production target and a rough price for the 251 and what plans for a FAMO which is probably the holy grail of half tracks ???
And one day the backbone of the German Army's logistics an affordable Opel Blitz needs to be available to complete the transportation system,
Is there any hope for such a truck ???
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Tiger6

Post by Tiger6 »

I have a 1.5t Blitz at the test print stage, but whether Will thinks its up to his standards is another matter...
1,5t opel blitz.JPG

Return to “WCP Models”