1/16 WCP Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf. C

Custom designs 3D Printed
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Re: 1/16 WCP Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf. C

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Wow! I had no idea there will be machined metal parts. This is exciting. :O
Oh yes, there are alot of handmade items and machined items on this to make it the best possible model i can within the limits of equipment i have access to

We went and bought ourselves a milling machine for this one model, which we were able to do after selling some models. That was a large investment for WCP Models :)

We have to machine the torsion bar pivots, which is another mammoth task and we also have to bend and shape and tune the spring steel to fit the models also.

The wheels also require an arbor press to ensure the bearings are pressed in true, so the wheels run aligned nicely.

There certainly is quite a bit of engineering in these models, so with supply chain delaying parts, the vast amount of handwork and also the ability of covid to make us unwell, each have unfortunately delayed the builds of these models. But don't worry we are on the case and busily working to complete them all as soon as possible :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

How does one get on the list for the next batch of these beauties :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

c.rainford73 wrote:How does one get on the list for the next batch of these beauties :clap:
We might have one spare from this batch, so if you are wanting one just let me know either via pm or our email wcprcnrace@gmail.com
We would have to order another set of tracks, but this can be done easily enough.
RiskyR
Lance Corporal

Post by RiskyR »

Wow this looks superb! This halftrack has to be one of my favourites. And the design on this model is exceptional, well done!
In progress:
M4A1(75)
M4A1(76)W HVSS
M4A2 Fisher
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

A small update
We are preparing an update for everyone who bought one of these 251's

In the meantime, please see them lining up in the production line (my lounge floor, only because i ran out of space on my dining room floor haha)

There is also an SD.kfz.11 which is being built alongside as a special variant.

If you are one of the lucky few, don't worry we haven't forgotten we just been fighting alot of setbacks, but we are properly on it at the moment.
The metal chassis are all machined ready, the torsion bars are being milled in batches in the evenings.

We designed and upgraded the model design so that the body can be removed, the reason being is that we are also introducing a range of different body styles which means the chassis can be used and the body changed. This was put in place to help make the model even more cost effective as only a different body is required. Keep your eyes peeled for more variants and additions
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

:wave: Thank you for the update, Catherine. I like the idea of the removable body, as it should also make it easier to get at the electronics, too. And I am really impressed that the chassis will be metal. Wow! Oh, goody! ...another project soon, as if I am not already twenty or so behind myself.
And please remember to send along the bumperettes for my little US 4X4. Then I can paint them and glue them on. I should be able to handle that project before next spring. :haha:
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Another update
The chassis are built
The front suspension & steering units are now being built and tuned.
I will post some pictures soon, the motor mounts are built

I think the last item to be completed now are hand making all the torsion springs, which is a tricky process.
We are still machining the torsion bar mounts on the mill, it is taking some time, but we are getting there

The bearings have been pressed into the chassis centre sections, so the torsion bars have somewhere to mount. It is an incredibly complex build, but its progressing.
We really apologise for being soo slow, but building 10 of these together is quite time consuming
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got to hand it to you both, Hell of a demonstration of dedication to the hobby when life is already complex enough :clap: :clap:
I will be up for a 'D' 251 version if one ever comes up..............and a Pak40 to go in the roof with it ;)
Best wishes for the T20 World Cup by the way :)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:18 am Got to hand it to you both, Hell of a demonstration of dedication to the hobby when life is already complex enough :clap: :clap:
I will be up for a 'D' 251 version if one ever comes up..............and a Pak40 to go in the roof with it ;)
Best wishes for the T20 World Cup by the way :)
Well I am certainly glad that is over,
I don't think my heart can take too much of a competition where almost every team looked as likely as any other to be the winner,
Oh JIMSTER The T20 World Cup Competition is being held in the USA in 2 years so you might like to refresh yourself on the various idiosyncrasies of one of the finest team games ever.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

So a wee wheel update
Damn this is hard work!
Removing flashing, cleaning supports, then solvent weld and press bearings in. Our fingers hurt alot, but its all getting done

We also designed some tools to help us press the wheels, also need to get a tool for the lathe to turn and clean the back faces up nice and true.

It is satisfying to be able to design our own JIG and tooling to help production of certain models, but it still all takes ALOT of time

Return to “WCP Models”