I'm not a Sherman guy but... Jussek's M4A3(76) 'Soul Reaper'

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: I'm not a Sherman guy but... Jussek's M4A3(76) 'Soul Rea

Post by Kaczor »

Jussek wrote:LOL! It has always seemed like a horrible vehicle to me
His ugly appearance did not prevent him from being the best tank of ww2 :haha:
Jussek wrote:DKLM is supposedly working on a 3d printable kit...
Good to know. E8 is also on my bucket list. Maybe Tamiya will re release their Sherman as they do every decade or so ;)
56001 Sherman 105mm - 1974
56005/6 Sherman 105mm - 1998
56013/14 Sherman 105mm - 2001
56031/32 Super Sherman - 2010
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

heya guys

Well, I have good news and bad news. I finally finished painting the tank the past saturday night, in time before the sunday meeting, but be in a hurry is not a good friend. I didn't give time to dry between treatments, and this showed up, plus it caused me a huge problem with the weathering in the area of the right white star of the turret. Luckily I was able to minimize the damage and it's not so obvious anymore. :/

After the primer, I gave it a first base coat with XF62+XF60 in a 3:1 ratio, the highlights with XF62+XF60 in a 2:1 ratio, and the shadows with XF62+XF60+XF1 in a 6:2:1 ratio.

sorry for the quality of the photos, I did not have natural light or time for anything, so you can hardly see anything with the light of the desk lamps :eh:

I didn't even remove the tracks :crazy:

I was in such a hurry that I didn't even rememberd to paint the white star on the glacis! :{ , the whole issue of luggage is also pending.

although I will solve this later, as you will see, as soon as the tank was released in the Panzodrom it already suffered an 'accident' with live fire, and I will have to think of a way to hide the damage :wtf:

the turret disaster...after applying the graphite to give it a metal feel, I can assure you that before applying it to this area, no trace of the previous treatment was visible, but alàs! this hedge showed up

I had to use a cotton swab dipped in white spirit and gradually removed the mark, very carefully, I also used it to remove the excess of graphite everywhere.

and finally, some pics on the Panzodrom playgrounds

for the fire damage in the glacis, i will try to simulate a grazing shot comming from the side :think:

thanks for watching
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Stunning Sherman! I love to build these and the variants, but I'd love even more to have your gift of detailing and weathering.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

Ecam wrote:Stunning Sherman! I love to build these and the variants, but I'd love even more to have your gift of detailing and weathering.
Thanks Eric

As I said days ago, i tried to 'cover' the fire damage with a grazing shot...

this is how it happened!

phpBB [video]

put also some luggage

and looking to several period pics, i added also camo netting to the gun shield and the main gun

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jussek,

She's a beauty! Even with the graphite on the turret it looked great! It gives it that gritty, rough and ready, been there, done that look! :clap: And all the stowage is very nice too! Can't have a Sherman without "everything but the kitchen sink" hanging off it!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

thank you very much, Eric!
Jussek

Return to “Other Builds”