1942 Panzer IV 'F' Into The Blue

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1942 Panzer IV 'F' Into The Blue

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jimster!
Thanks for looking in, Doc! Many was the time comfort has been added by a shot glass or two while 'building' my way into more progress on these tanks. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great build and a good subject topic too.

DAK is often overlooked unless it’s a Tiger 131 :)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Adlav!
The gleam in my eye on this Build appeared way back when Heng Long brought out their version of the DAK Pz IV. It took some time to find a good example, buy it and store it while I collected parts and finally had the turret and deck that I wanted to use. I'm pleased with the end result of the work\fun and 'Freda' is on my desk now to pore over during long work days. ;o)
regards and thanks again, Doc!
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ragnar
Corporal

Post by Ragnar »

Great build painless thou I’m not sure having 40 gallons of fuel on top of the turrets a overly great idea lol. :crazy:
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Ragnar!
Thank you for looking in! Well, my Friend. Needs as Needs Must! You will have to take up that clash of ideas with those long ago DAK Crewmen who were documented as doing exactly that. Third time is the charm for this point about the Build to come up. I have found no historical accounts of the inevitable happening from carrying fuel like this. Accidents and intentional destruction surely would have occurred. It is what it is. ;o) ( or rather, it was what it was ;o)
regards,
Painless
Attachments
No Jabos expected....but still alert and ready.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

It’s in period pictures, it was done. The risks would have been known and understood.
Air cover was about even at the early stages of the Africa conflict so running out of fuel would have been a greater risk.

Nice job mate ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

An excellent build painless, some nice subtle little detail touches :clap: :clap:

I must admit, I'm a bit partial to a P 3 or 4 in the DAK livery :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Mick!
Thank you, Sir! I have wanted a DAK Panzer IV for some time. Job Done! ( as the Orcs say ) The added Convoy lighting, front and rear was about as audacious as I got. The turret Coax MG was a doddle to add as was knocking together mounts for the extra fuel. It was a fun build and I got what I wanted, a detailed Runner in some storied Livery. 'Freda'...The DAK PzIV.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
I hardly ever build historically accurate vehicles ( I think that Mike's Tiger was the one ) The other Builds have the right equipment but I usually add a touch or two that keeps them away from the sacred territory of the His Acc. (I've never seen any female Loaders on Panzers) ( That or I don't cut it up to make the proportions 100% correct ;o) I'm having fun. I hope that you guys watching are as well. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Painless that custom built ready rack for the Jerry cans is spectacular :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Show Off”