The truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: The truck

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I will take a look at that jarndice thanks.
At this stage I’m unsure on to add a green wash to the wood or leave it as it is. The inside won’t matter to much once the load is in there you won’t see it by the time it’s full with it’s tarp load sheet.
Like yours painless it has been made Russian though I won’t go to the lengths you did with yours I will put some better electronics in eventually.

But for now
Attachments
38FB73BC-D792-4A00-93D7-EB6F985C6FBE.jpeg
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

At what point does detailing become to much. Bearing in mind the load bed will be mostly covered and not visible I will know it’s there.

And so will all of you now
Attachments
5C3C9497-1F00-43B3-BF0F-814E17CA96CB.jpeg
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

More work done
Attachments
Then hide all that work with a home made green wash
Then hide all that work with a home made green wash
Add some markings
Add some markings
Spend days on detail
Spend days on detail
Windscreen and wipers
Windscreen and wipers
Inside
Inside
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Looks pretty good so far. I like what you did with the interior. Are you planning any upgrades? I took my Q-60, thought it looked like a 38 Chevy and acted accordingly. I went hobby grade for electronics but I didn't do anything to the suspension and it still has the little motor and one speed gearbox. I've got another Q60 I'm making into a tanker truck and I'll probably use the new board for that. If you haven't already, you should check out the new truck boards like the one I used on my M35 tank hauler project. One problem with the Q60 is that you can't use the two-speed gearbox without cutting the floorboard.

This was my first Q60 project.

phpBB [video]

If I ever have to send you anything remind me to throw in a couple fuel tanks so you can see how you like them.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

There are upgrades planned, I’m going to keep the tyres as the are but the wheels will be made into double drive wheels, it will have metal transfer boxes diffs drive and prop shafts, electrics will be upgraded but haven’t decided to what yet. Better battery it will have a full load with tarp restraint sheet so what doesn’t fit can be consealed. Then it’s a question of what it’s going to pull. Looking at how the Russians unloaded tanks from trains I would say if the truck could physically move it, it pulled it so it may be filled with ammo and pulling an su85 or just pulling an at gun or bofors
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Those fuel tanks on yours look far better than the standard ones and fill that gap nicely.
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

The first upgrades have been ordered. I have decided to use the existing tyres just because they are better suited to the terrain it’s ran on. So with that in mind but to still give it a more realistic look, I have ordered a dual rear wheel kit. The wheels are not exact but do look a lot closer to the real thing than those on it and are metal, the kit includes 10 rims the front hubs, 4 rear hubs and all the screws and bolts needed to assemble. The kits for the 6x6 trucks don’t include tyres. There is a 4x4 option that includes tyres
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

So I have a truck update for you. The wheel kit I ordered doesn’t do it justice so after I ordered some stencils from rad and he saw me asking about wheels he put me in touch with a friend of his whom has printed me a set of wheels and rubber tyres for a good price, then when I was looking for some better fuel tanks I stumbled across a chap who makes door handles so I have ordered some of them as well, as a few bits for the Sherman I’m building and the kv-1 I am finishing
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

No much been happening here as I was waiting for parts but this evening I get home to find some of them have arrived, so before I do anything with them here are the wheels and tyres
Attachments
B93071F9-FBA3-475D-BDA1-A5F4E3189686.jpeg
B93071F9-FBA3-475D-BDA1-A5F4E3189686.jpeg (62.99 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Who designed those wheels & tyres??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”