5:1 Gearbox Problems

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: 5:1 Gearbox Problems

Post by Jimster »

I’ll blame my old feeble memory. I’ll grab a pic after work.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Here you go. They use the same box and photo for all their gearbox sets I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’ll ship these free to anywhere in the continental US if anyone is interested.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Those are 4:1 ball bearing gearboxes. And I'll take you up on that offer, PM on the way.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And the Chinese are absolutely famous for getting it wrong on the boxes. The new metal PIV says on the box it has dual MGs, it don't. And they refuse to throw boxes away so they'll keep using them until they're gone even after they know about the error. That's actually how I met Erik, I bought a Panther G that said on the box it had metal tracks, but it didn't.

Can you post a photo of the GBs that came out of the box that says 5 in 1?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Jimster, I was pretty sure you had seen this, but just in case

phpBB [video]
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

The gearboxes in the previous photo are pictured with the original box.
I think they’re counting the output shaft gear too maybe. The gearboxes on the right were sold as 4:1 from Taigen. Both sets are yours if you want them. I’m still pretty much a newbie so maybe I’ve been misled. Maybe I need to watch your video nowImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yes, please watch the video. I think you should keep both sets, but if you insist I can put them to good use.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And there's a little white lie in the video, I do know who made up that 5:1 crap, but I'll never tell. @) :haha: 8)
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Send me a pm with your shipping address. They’ve just been sitting among tank clutter and I would rather see them put to good use.

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”