Some help for a lazy guy

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Some help for a lazy guy

Post by Tiger6 »

The wikipedia page mentions the hole count being reduced over time to simplify manufacture but, like all bad wiki pages, fails to provide a source for that info...

Another thing to bear in mind is that a lot of the survivors are postwar Swiss G13's, which do have some detail differences, and likely would have used up factory 'left overs' when they were produced - the German practice was to cut in a design change on a given date, not necessarily when the old parts were exhausted, which is why you can sometimes find earlier parts 'reappearing' on late war tanks.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:[quote=

Yes, you are absolutelly right. As an example, most of Panzer III and IVs in museums all around the world have the tracks the wrong way. If they cannot do that right, imagine the paint and emblems.

When the Panzer 4 bug infected me I started to get paranoid about the detail on them, And like you I raged at the number of PZ4s with the tracks about face then as I got deeper into researching the subject I noticed a proportion of PZ4s with reversed tracks, At first I put it down to reversed photographic negatives (ask your grandfather :haha: ) but there were significant details in the pictures to indicate that the pictures were the right way round so now while I accept that there is a correct direction of travel for PZ4 tracks some crews for whatever reason did sometimes run their Tanks with them reversed.
Trust me when some nasty bug*er is shooting at you a lot of things get fouled up in the rush to get the F out of it, :crazy:
You can bet that once the man with the muscles in the crew but not the brainiest (The Loader) has done the donkey work of laying out the replacement tracks that the Tanks Commander is not going to order the new tracks to be taken off and reversed when he sees that they are the wrong way round :shh:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jwhas
Recruit

Post by jwhas »

Max-U52 wrote:I'm sure this info is out there if i look hard enough, but I'm guessing one of you fellas will know this off the top of your head.

I'm going to mask and paint the Balkan cross on the side of my 1/6 scale Hetzer.

How tall and wide should it be? I think it should be square, is that right? I'm guessing about 45mm x 45mm, what do you guys think?
This is the Hetzer at museum Overloon in the Netherlands. I would do the Math.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Now, that one has the same idler as my tank, but a different exhaust.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Looks just like mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”