Elmod, Clark or Beier

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Re: Elmod, Clark or Beier

Post by MITCH »

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Depends what you want really. The sounds for ibu have recently been updated so you can now get Crowell chieften and a few others but I can’t really say if there’s much out there in the way of French tanks
The engine of the AMX 50 120 surbaissé was a Maybach HL295, that's why I think a KT sound would be ok with a different tone because the exhaust pipes are different
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I only do allied and Russian so I really wouldn’t know to much about German or French tanks unless it’s a French lendlease but I do know that most of the boards mentioned. Apart from Clark’s have different sounds of the same engine. Example I have 2 Sherman’s using the same Diesel engine but they sound quite different
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

You can use external ESCs with some of them if you are worried about the motor amp draw.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

I don't want to use external ESC ... No one has tested Beier, either in sound card or in ESCs? And no one prefer Clark? I would like to make the best choice, I make few tanks, but I like that they are well equipped in motorization and electronics. I limit too fine or fragile details because I want tanks that I can roll even in difficult conditions
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

IMHO Any board will roll over difficult conditions (nothing has stopped not even my old heng long electronics), the difference is how will the tank behave, like a realistic heavy vehicle or like a toy, and how many other options are, like the sounds and configuring tons of extra things.

About the Beier board, you can register in heng long panzerforum, there are people that has it and can guide you more, anyway the Beier website and the huge manual should give you a nice overview of what is that board capable of.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

I am using BEIER-Electronic's USM-HL-2. I think the sound is basically the same as SFR-1-D. The sound output is larger than other sound boards, one audio output is 20W. (16bit, 44KHz)
Looking at the SFR-1-D manual, the method of exchanging and editing sounds with the software "sound teacher" is the same as USM-HL-2. I downloaded the sound of TIGER?, T-90, Sherman, and M1A2 Abrams from You Tube, edited it, and used it as the sound of the sound board. The sound quality and volume of each sound is perfect, and I like it because it is stable and powerful. The sound and output functions are quite rich.
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

I Have beier usm hl 2 and Elmid. For user sound and making own sound beier is the Best (48 or even more) but in beier u cant change drive settings - in ibu clark and elmod u can. Best sounds Have clark - but ucant add own song. Elmod is the Best in with his drive settings
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

I will probably use an Elmod Fusion pro ... Thanks for your feedback :thumbup:
yan33
Private

Post by yan33 »

probably :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant