1/11 Scratch built m1a2 abrams MBT

Mathewloki
Recruit

Re: 1/11 Scratch built m1a2 abrams MBT

Post by Mathewloki »

Successful completed one set of tracks, now im waiting on more stainless rods ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

This is bananas !!!

Going to shift it up one into the Modern Builds- Other

Sure is going to take some painting by the looks 8O
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

So I've started assembling the road wheels, to accomplish this I've used a 4mm dowel and glued the first bearing in place at the end placing a few small dabs of ca at the base of the hole I used a hollow 8mm tube and pushed the bearing and shaft in place. Following this I then slide the second bearing over the shaft and place a few small dabs of glue on the shaft around where the bearing would sit and on the outside if the bearing then push it in place until it is flush with the top of the wheel ImageImageImage

Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

I have a general question and I haven't seen anyone sorry of directly address this but which is more feasible for suspension in a tank compressionor tension configuration of the spring

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Usually compression for ease, also the spring is less likely to get stressed and a shortened life span, as opposed to being under tension. Also the mounting points should suffer a little less stress because they can usually be bulkier.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Usually compression for ease, also the spring is less likely to get stressed and a shortened life span, as opposed to being under tension. Also the mounting points should suffer a little less stress because they can usually be bulkier.
Thank you

Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

Working on the suspension design waiting on some bearings to test it but the assembly looks good it's intended to use a 60 mm shock absorber, I think with extra hard springs it should be adequate if not I guess I'll need a redesign, however the only concern I see at the moment is that I might have to make the internal arm a bit more beefy, it's still in the works and until I print it and test it i wont know Image

Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

I'm currently waiting on 3mm stainless rods I found a batch of 300 x 35 mm saves me cutting up the long rods however I will still need to cut 1mm of each to allow them to fit with the end caps aside from that I'm looking for a local manufacturer that would cut acrylic sheets so I can make the sidewalks in one piece as well as the base panels ImageImage

tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

The design work is nice, but I don't think those track end links will hold up to R/C use if that is the plan unless you don't plan on stressing them at all. I do hope the do for your builds sake though.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

I made a little test bench to work out through the different suspension models I think I've finally solved it ImageImageImage

Return to “Modern Builds”