1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: 1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941

Post by Max-U52 »

Are you still using an lva? The manual says that with a 2S it cuts to 50% at 6.5 volts, but I've never run my 2S lipos under 6.6 and I always use an lva. I'm not so familiar with 3s, I just don't want to run any of them so low that I can't recharge them.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Max-U52 wrote: I just don't want to run any of them so low that I can't recharge them.
"Removed the dangerous advice, on behalf of the Forum team"

EDIT:. This is not a safe practice so don't do it unless you wish to burn down your house and kill your family. See helow
Last edited by Son of a gun-ner on Mon May 25, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: The post contained dangerous advice.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You're right that I already knew all that, and you're right that you should never have said it. You're spreading dangerous information that will get someone's house burned down. I don't know about you, but I prefer to go through life knowing that I haven't sent anyone down a road that could get them (or their kids) burned to death. You should go back and erase that post and simply write that the post was withdrawn.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01

You can't change history. Just telling it like it is.

If you have a very expensive hard case lipo that you accidentally used or stored incorrectly then using a large dose of common sense you can often avoid forking out another 60 quid. You do not try this indoors (is anyone that stupid?) or without adult supervision. If you use a proper charging pouch the worst that can happen is that you hear a bang and have to bin your duff pack and the pouch.

For those reading this that have no common sense or battery experience, ignore it and buy another battery.

I'd just add that experienced racers would touch a soft lipo pack with a barge pole. They are just not safe. They wouldn't charge without a pouch or in an enclosed area.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Having seen how many small pieces a Lipo battery ends up in if inadvertently plugged into a NiMH/NiCD charger, I can't believe anyone would be so stupid as to intentionally try this, much less recommend it to others :O
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The dropping of the atomic weapon at Hiroshima is also commonly known history but that doesn't mean I'm going to post info on how to build a nuclear device. You obviously haven't learned yet that people are that stupid and you will get someone hurt by telling them this stuff. You are being seriously irresponsible by posting dangerous info that could get newbies hurt.

If I were a mod I would erase that post and warn you not to post dangerous info again.
General Jumbo01

I've seen nicads and NiHMs explode too and, IF NOT in a charging pouch, they make a mess too. If in a proper pouch, all remain safe. However, if you it's makes you all happy then..

SORRY, MY ADVICE ABOVE RE RECOVERING A DEAD LIPO IS NOT SAFE PRACTICE AND SHOULDNT BE TRIED.

FURTHER, USING SOFT PACK LIPOS IS AN UNNECESSARY RISK, AS IS TRYING A 3S PACK IN A MODEL DESIGNED FOR 2S WHICH CAN CAUSE FIRES WHICH CAN BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN AND KILL ALL YOUR CHILDREN AND PETS.

There, thats sorted then. Everyone enjoy your day. :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Just for the record, the model discussed in this thread is designed to be used with either a 2s or a 3s LiPo battery and is deemed by the manufacturer to be perfectly safe for both.

And my apologies to other members for some of the jerks and idiots that want to post stupid things on the forum because they think they know it all. Guys like that are really bad for the hobby so your best bet is to make a note and don't pay any attention to anything that guy says in the future.
General Jumbo01

I am more than happy for you to ignore my posts. I do find your "Detroit - in the land of free speech, where no one erases what you say just because they don't agree" footer a little ironic :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Even in the land of free speech common sense is still required. It's still against the law to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater. For good reason.

Return to “General Discussion”