KV-1

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: KV-1

Post by c.rainford73 »

Really good work! The highlights and letters are well done and impressive :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Thanks Carl , I am trying to exaggerate some details a bit this time. Will see how it looks after filter and washes. One thing I am not so sure about right now is the mattness of the finish. The Life color paints are dead flat and somewhat desaturated.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

It's a very nice achievement, but isn't the color a little light?
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

MITCH wrote:It's a very nice achievement, but isn't the color a little light?
Hey MITCH it is on the lighter side, yes. But once the weatering goes down it will darken. This time I wanted to go light to dark. On previous tanks I started rather dark. So this time the approach will be different.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I reckon you have got the 4BO just right, as you say, once the washes and weathering goes on it will darken a lot .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

The Hermann. I have no experience with this color so far
According with 4bogreen.com it should be close to this http://www.colorserver.net/showcolor.asp?fs=34257
So my choice would need a bit more warm color to it. But that will come through filters and washes
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Looking good, are you going factory issue or beat up on the road heading west ?
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey Ronnie, I am not sure yet. I plan to try as many steps from the Wilder KV 1 weathering as I can. Will see how far I get.

You know the series?

phpBB [video]
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Soeren That Wilder video saga on painting the KV is a masterclass. Good luck as the painting , might take longer than the build :haha:
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

As I sit here looking at the detail that Tamiya has missed off on you build then look at my Heng long which has had nothing more than a metal hull and some paint many of these details are present on it. Not all of them are as accurate as your built or sourced parts but they are there. Which for the price difference is quite disappointing of Tamiya to miss those
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “Other Builds”