KV-1

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: KV-1

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Oh that’s where the oil tank goes. Need to get one for mine now, then try match the paint up
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Those tanks were placed in different positions on the skirts depending on when the tank was built.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Soeren I cannot say enough good things about how exceptional this tank has come out! If there was an award for best realistic paintjob you would be the winner

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Wow, you guys are amazing. Thank you Carl. :wave:

Indeed it has come a long way. Yesterday I went on and did the front top end. There I wanted some more texture so added some of my textured pigments then soaked in VMS weathering carrier and fixed with their pigment fixer. After it dried I took my pencils out and blended the colours and edges. Also drilled a drain whole in the armoured cover in front of the machine gun. This time the Buff Pencil joined the party with the other too. Also started on the turret where I will only use the Streaking Dirt and the Buff colour. Then I have to see how to blend things. Engine door, tool boxes and then finish the lower hull.

Speaking of the engine door I was missing the imporant hook and rope. As the Tamiya kit part was no option I did one from brass and copper cable.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Very nice work indeed, this is one great looking tank that you should be proud of :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

tankme wrote:Those tanks were placed in different positions on the skirts depending on when the tank was built.
Mine would be around the same time as soreens but with the bolt on armour. I would like to say around 41 but could be earlier
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ive looked for for those magic pencils and found a set that has 35 in it for $74AUD(thats about 8 pence, 9c USD, or 8.5EU for those with real currency) :/
This thing of yours is exactly what I want my 152 to turn out like, marvelous job Mr Soeren
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Ive looked for for those magic pencils and found a set that has 35 in it for $74AUD(thats about 8 pence, 9c USD, or 8.5EU for those with real currency) :/
This thing of yours is exactly what I want my 152 to turn out like, marvelous job Mr Soeren
Well that is about 2 AUD per pencil. Considering that they are coming from Spain I wouldn’t think that the prize is over the top. On the other hand it would be the question if you really need all the colors.

Return to “Other Builds”