KV-1

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: KV-1

Post by Ad Lav »

I just remembered where I got my idler brace - Mitosal/Impact. You will have to contact them on Facebook to see if they have stock :)
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

OK. I might give it a try. Henntec also offered a custom idler mount. But that would require sending him the hull. Not sure about that atm.

Anyway building this kit is fun. Added a bit mor details to the turret. Texture to all the surfaces. Bolts to the covers for the optics and drilled holes for the Episcope mounts. The mantlet cover has 3 bolts per side as well as referenced from the Trumpeter kit. Also ground down the filled bolt holes even more. Only need to add the weld for the two handles.

Now also working on the hull cable for horn and lamp. ImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Mission of today, tool box handles added, brackets for the towing cables and headlight together with probper cables.

ImageImage

Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Found another bit of detail that was missing on the Tamiya tank and reasonably easy to add. Those bolted strips holding the fenders should continue up the side of the hull as the Trumpeter kit shows.Image

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning.
That is beautiful work! Just for fun, I checked the Palace and yes, Taigen had added those strips up the side. Weird that Tamiya would overlook something like that. Good on you for finding and fixing, Soeren. The Two kits I am working on for the Pz IV, the research 'D' by Tamiya and Heng Longs 'F' version are the exact opposite, Crazy added details by Tamiya and molded on tools from HL. Well, that's the fun of kit bashing and the usefulness of research kits. ;o)
regards and following along,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks Mr Wolf. I am following your build as well. I guess the problem here is the KVs are rather old kits while the pz IV is a new mold. Their new kv has all the details as well but it is a 1941 model while the rc tank is a mid 1940 I would assume, so not use able for reference unfortunately.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Morning Mr Soren, are you able to give any direction as to the KV hull & mudguards specifically, if they are removed completely, by rough handling or suchlike, what would remain of them, and what in the case of an SU assault gun would the Casemate be closed with underneath?
I can’t get any good info .
Thanks
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Herman, from the pics I have of the SU-152 the fenders actually were bent up and welded to the casemate along the top edge. I'm assuming that the bottom of the casemate is sealed with armor plate. You can see how they are attached in this photo: https://www.recomonkey.com/Land-Platfor ... -nxwfTzb/A
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hier is a quick side by side of some detail pieces. Especially the gun cleaner tube. Added a weld lune to the bottom end with styrene rod and went cheap on the threaded pieces which I bought as turned pieces from ABER instead of soldering these from 3 parts. The wing nuts went together great. I not got the hang for it. The piece is a major improvement over the featureless kit piece. Even the small trumpeter part has detailed wing nuts and bolts.Image

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I'm amazed that Tamiya would have not included such details especially in 1/16 scale. For what you pay for a kit its a bit disappointing.....

Nice work
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Other Builds”