KV-1

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: KV-1

Post by Soeren »

Thank you Hermann, thank you Carl. Indeed I am quite happy with the result to start with. Altough it is a tedious work it was much easier to controll than trying with the airbrush. Still need to learn more about color blending and how to best use my available oil paints. Next will be the pinwash stage that will change the looks for sure.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Like the exhaust stains not overdone :D
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thanks Ronnie , but that is only a placeholder and was done to try the tensochrome paint.
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

It looking the part
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Another week later, after doing the base coat in acrylics, then the oil paint modulation, now was the pinwash with a 50:50 mix of Ammo of MIG Dark Wash with Track Wash for a dark reddish brown color. Pushing the green towards a warmer looking appearance and enhancing the detail.

The running gear and wheels got some additional treatment. The wheels rims were also painted in Mr color burnishable steel color.

Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

That does really enhance it a fair bit and I didn’t think it needed enhancing anyway but it certainly gives it that something extra
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Hey there, have been busy with some things so limited modelling time.

I decided to do chipping but not the Light color with filled dark color, but a dark color overall instead.

First I went with some dry brushing with the nes Abtl. 502 Copper Oxide Blue Green (great color :thumbup: )

Then I went on with some Sponge chipping with the darker Green from the Lifecolor set.

I guess now would be the time with some brush chipping.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon!
The closeups look like photos of a 1\1 scale tank. I think that you have really achieved the realism perfectly with this latest modulation. Resist the temptation to go too far with the chipping. Running the tank outdoors will give you the final touches that you are looking for. ;o) It is a Beauty!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Nice work, as Painless stated, looks perfect the chipping is really nice and it looks great

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Thank you very much for your kind comments and suggestions. I highly appreciate that. I will stick to it to not overdo it with the chipping. You are the experts when it relates to this scale of models.

Return to “Other Builds”