Clark tk24 set up help.

Discussion for Clark electronics.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Clark tk24 set up help.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I've not seen a white/grey lead going into the CN7 (RH Motor) socket before. Does one of the gearboxes have white/grey leads instead of the normal red/black? Try comparing your wiring with this (Click to ENLARGE):
Clark TK24 wiring diagram
Clark TK24 wiring diagram
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

think its written on the board at the bottom by hand 24 m1?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Is this a mato Sherman with the black plastic gearboxes? That could explain the grey lead ....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

phpBB [video]

Watching Stanlley's (sic) TK24 S installation might help a bit- if only to differentiate between S-Bus and non S-Bus models

According to Stanlley, the TK24 S has a neutral mode (unlike the TK 22). This means you can rev the engine without moving the tracks. Then, actually engaging the tracks requires a dedicated toggle switch, I believe.
You need to configure these things using the optional (Sony) programming remote, I think.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thanks guys for keeping the help and info coming :D , it is indeed a mato Sherman Carl, good spot on the leads. The tank was originally set up with a turnigy radio ( again not sure which model ) by the previous owner, I'm not in direct contact with them but a friend who knows him has and he was good enough to get in touch with him and ask. The info given was it was tricky to set up with the turnigy radio with some channels needing to be moved and reversed. As previously mentioned this is my first clark board so I have no base settings to work from for it. There seems to be so many variables as in it may work on mode 1 or mode 2, reversing and moving channels etc I feel like I'm working in the dark :crazy: I'm going to have to start at a base point I think and work my way up from there, any advice on the best way to achieve this would be gratefully appreciated :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
easy8
Private

Post by easy8 »

As the spectrum radio is a programmable radio you have to instruct the radio what signals to be send to what channel on your receiver. I have put a document under download here on rctankwarfare under the name "PDF describing a set up based on Taranis radio and receiver". It is for a Taranis radio and a Taranis receiver but the principles should be the same. Please have a look and maybe you find out why you don't have communications. Hope this helps.....cheers

easy8
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you easy8 I will take a look at it :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

To set my TK 22 up, I had to use Clark's setup instructions and a Sony remote TV control. Since the TK 24 is a souped-up TK 22, the setup procedures should be broadly the same (unless you're using an S-Bus variant, as in the video I posted above, Lee). I can't see how you can go back to basics, using Clark's installation instructions, unless you have the requisite 2-pin jumper and a TV remote, equivalent to the Sony. :problem:
Edit: Since it's four years ago, or so, that I put a TK 22 into my Torro (Metal edn.) King Tiger, I'd forgotten what a pain it was to set it up on the Dx6i. But I managed it using an Orange rx.
If the TK 24 has been configured for another board, I'm pretty certain that you'll need the TV remote to change the base parameters, and to get it talking fluently to your TX.
Are you following the setup/installation instructions contained here? If not, then you need to:
http://clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

edit: It's also worth bearing in mind that the wiring for the Mato Sherman differs from the loom found in HL/Taigen versions. Clark's instructions seem to presuppose that it's a Heng Long tank under scrutiny. :)
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

easy8 wrote:As the spectrum radio is a programmable radio you have to instruct the radio what signals to be send to what channel on your receiver. I have put a document under download here on rctankwarfare under the name "PDF describing a set up based on Taranis radio and receiver". It is for a Taranis radio and a Taranis receiver but the principles should be the same. Please have a look and maybe you find out why you don't have communications. Hope this helps.....cheers

easy8
I agree. I dont think it's the board that's an issue. My thought is it maybe a transmitter and receiver issue. For Clark basic functions, non sbus you dont need to calibrate like an IBU2 and the basic functions should ive had work out of the box aside from recoil direction and track directions.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you again for all the help and info guys :D I think that at the moment setting it up correctly is beyond my capabilities and knowledge of the Clark board so it may be best for me to install a different mfu in there and hopefully someday I can get someone with experience to take a look at it for me, thanks all :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “Clark”