Rso - Raupenschlepper Ost build.

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Rso - Raupenschlepper Ost build.

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice to see you back at it Lee :)
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

In my opinion, those tracks look good and natural in that application. Great looking build.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thanks Adam :thumbup: yeh I've been a bit quiet of late, I hate the winter months, can't seem to get my mojo going and get on with things :/

Thanks Ecam, I agree that they look more at home than those little rubber tracks, the metal one's gives it the saggy look that you see on these vehicles :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Lee, you just helped me with a question: I have been having problems with jumping tracks on my FAMO. Maybe I need to tighten them up a bit more. But I can fiddle with that problem once I get the electronics working. Above all, I sure do like your Raupenschlepper! I remember admiring it in 2020. It also reminds me of the U.S. WWII "Weasel," a little go-everywhere vehicle that somebody needs to produce in 1/16 for old guys like me. (Hello, Torro? are you listening?)
Thanks for posting and please don't let winter get you down.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:43 pm It also reminds me of the U.S. WWII "Weasel," a little go-everywhere vehicle that somebody needs to produce in 1/16 for old guys like me. (Hello, Torro? are you listening?)
Go lobby Andy's HHQ and see if he can get the Takom 1/35 translated to 1/16 - I think thats an obvious one for scaling up.
Last edited by Tiger6 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Will do!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks for looking in professor, these little utility vehicles sure are quirky looking which makes them fun :D
I'm looking forward to seeing that fine Famo of yours running one day, I think a lot of others have had the same problem with the track and sprocket meshing issue :think: I think it's just a case of fine tuning them little by little and getting them to run the best that you can :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Afternoon all,

Found some time to give the tracks a quick soak in some AK interactive burnishing fluid, came out a decent colour I think, should look a little better with some dirt and dust pigments brushed in between the links, onto painting the sprockets next and it should be finished ( once again :/ ) :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

It has been four years since you first posted about this great little soft-sider with the Vandra Models body. I was amazed an jealous every step of the way. And by my count, you have three trailers for it, no? Or are there three different loads on one trailer? This has been a winner all along.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:21 pm It has been four years since you first posted about this great little soft-sider with the Vandra Models body. I was amazed an jealous every step of the way. And by my count, you have three trailers for it, no? Or are there three different loads on one trailer? This has been a winner all along.
As you rightly point out professor the majority of my builds take a while for myself to complete :/ ( are they ever really finished though :D ) there is very little left of the original vandra kit now but it served it's purpose with getting this build underway.
I have a choice of two towable items for it, a nebelwerfer which is a kit build by Kirin and a goliath which was 3D printed by WCP models, I settled on the latter but they can easily be swapped around if the mood takes me.
Stayed tuned professor, you never know in another four years it may change yet again :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.

Return to “Other Builds”