Panzer Spirit Build 2022 - ?

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Panzer Spirit Build 2022 - ?

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman!
They are 3D printed from an outfit called MAIM. Got them off of EBay. Looking forward to all aspects of this Build. ;0)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yep, thats them, the MAIM ones that are available from BNA Modelworld.
I will find the link, please hold !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

https://www.bnamodelworld.com.au/model- ... -maim16011

Just making sure you got the right deal is all.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Painless,

Oh, this is going to be fun! When I was about 10 years old, Monogram or Revell released a half-track thingy called the Rommel Rod, complete with the skeleton Field Marshall and his field glasses. I loved it and think it's been rereleased. This should be right up that alley! :clap:

I'll have to look for that book too. I like taking a break from the harsh realities of true history books every now and then and breaking it up with some wartime fiction. About the same time as I discovered the Rommel Rod, I found a paperback in my local library. What lured me in was the picture of a skeletal U-boat commander on the deck of a rotted, relic sub. It's about a haunted U-boat that comes back to claim it's lost crew in the Caribbean during the early 1980's. It took a lot of searching but about a year ago I found it on Kindle. I reread it, yup, still the same book only a little campy now 40 some years later! Thoroughly enjoyable though! It's called "The Night Boat" by Robert McCammon.

Really looking forward to this build!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Herman!
A very good deal indeed ( but not as good as doing a shufti and getting one free from Jimster would have been ) I need to check my phone more often when I am out and about. Eric! Yes indeed, I had read and reread the Night Boat in paperback and most recently on my Nook. McCammon is an excellent writer and I have enjoyed many of his other works like the Hyperion series ( read many years ago when I was very ill and not able to be up and around ) No spoilers from me since this book is a minor treasure for guys like us. Tom Townsend wrote one other novel starring these characters which was more involved but dealing with some of the same subject matter: Reichbahn Six-Nine. Most of his stuff is now children''s books with one semi serious one called 'Evil Toy Tanks' about possessed RC Tanks from a secret Nazi Lab that I noted this morning. Weird but that's the Hobby! ;0)
regards,
Painless

P.S. I had a 'Rommel's Rod' back in the day. Scale might be off but it was an awesome model.
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Parts are beginning to trickle in for the Jagdpanther and the Sherman. Stuff from China and from the Redoubtable Forgebear. I don't have any excuses now. I need to get up and start working on both vehicles. The Jagdpanther will be more intensive as it will need a swap from BB to IR + A Detail and probably Paint Build depending on the IR parts. The Sherman will require a Detail Build ( not sure about redoing the paint since what it came with is pretty nice, stenciled markings and all ) I'll have to tap Rad for some Build specific stencils for both since even the Sherman needs some additional Unit markings.
Pics: (Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
You never know what you'll find on my desk on any given week..jpg
You never know what you'll find on my desk on any given week..jpg
A few Pershing sprues because Tamiya Sherman Sprues are hedonistically expensive these days.....jpg
A few Pershing sprues because Tamiya Sherman Sprues are hedonistically expensive these days.....jpg
Odd text but well packed.jpg
Odd text but well packed.jpg
More parts today.jpg
More parts today.jpg
I like that paint.  I hope I can replicate or save it.jpg
I like that paint. I hope I can replicate or save it.jpg
I used one of these types for the Jagdtiger and was pleased with the strength of the part as opposed to a previous favorite, the Aber..jpg
I used one of these types for the Jagdtiger and was pleased with the strength of the part as opposed to a previous favorite, the Aber..jpg
Late War in Blue.jpg
Late War in Blue.jpg
Late War Convoy Light and a Couple of Antennas, Specific to each vehicle..jpg
Late War Convoy Light and a Couple of Antennas, Specific to each vehicle..jpg
A Sign of Good Business.jpg
A Sign of Good Business.jpg
I love getting parts from Forgebear...The Spouse loves the Haribo Bears..jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I simply don't know how you've managed to keep your hands off that Jagdpanther for so long, Painless :D . There's just something intangibly attractive about the JP shape.
Only recently, have I developed the willpower to complete individual projects (the three Brits, for example). Normally, I reach 95%- and then quit (not unlike old-style dial-up modem downloads :/ )-well, for a while, anyway. However, my Tamiya Jagdpanther was the first across the completion line- simply because I had to have it running. The paint scheme I used is similar to the first-rate scheme on your tasty JP- but minus the green stripes.
After the Comet, it's my favourite tracked vehicle currently.
Looking forward to you making full use of all the accumulated goodies. :D Presumably, the young woofers are now able to vouchsafe you some tank-time. :thumbup: :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Roy!
This Build involves two tanks now with some subtle modifications per the author's descriptions from the book. Both tanks need to flouresce Blue and I am just beginning to grapple with the how-to on that detail. Maybe some type of clear, flat overspray that is glow in the dark or blacklight activated. The Sherman should have thin plates attached on the Hull and Turret as well as some kind of shield over the sprockets and idlers. The author was not clear on their design so I suppose that I have some leeway there. Well, just part of the fun. ;o) I love the Jagdpanthers shape as well. Menacing like a crouching big cat. I followed the mentions of your Build on the Tamiya version and you did an excellent job on it! Thank you for looking in. I will try to do the subject matter Justice!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hmm... So yours may explain what happened to mine:
accordion small.jpg
accordion small.jpg (79.67 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herr Doctor!
Somewhere out there is a frustrated Accordion player who is mishandling fragile shipping. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”