Hello from Kidderminster

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hello from Kidderminster

Post by Tiger6 »

Well frankly if he wants to battle at a club in the future he likely won't be doing it with a HL system, and he'll probably still want to upgrade to the Taigen chassis at some point anyway, so best not to assume that what you would do is going to be best for him...
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Agree, but the HL system is basic Tamiya compatible if not every club on the planet compatible. The old WSN is only compatible with LG TV remotes (one way only) Also the model, though nice looking, is extremely basic and not in any way a good base for upgrading.

He joined here to ask. Did anyone recommend a WSN? Not his fault as Torro market it as one of theirs! I hate to see a newbie come a cropper. However, amongst my fleet l happen to have a WSN T34 and Tiger 1 and, in isolation and running on the safety of a low drag surface, they can be fun to run against each other, even if the sticks follow car protocol rather than tank!ImageImage

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

Thanks for the input, i have just cancelled the order before it has been dispatched.
General Jumbo01

Well done. Take a look on eBay, UK sellers, Heng Long Tiger 1 version 6. You should find them for under 90 quid next day delivery, same grey camo. OR continue your research and ask questions, lots if necessary but let us know what you are about to order first!! By all means ignore our advice, but you may as well hear it ;)
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

E BAY the cheapest i have found 2.4Ghz Henglong 1/16 Scale 6.0 Plastic Ver German Tiger I RTR RC Tank 3818 Model
Brand new
£106.99 From China + £26.99 postage
General Jumbo01

Yes, just looked myself to send you a link. Seems the few sellers that had them pre Xmas are now sold out, same seems to apply to our UK importer. They had plenty of stock just days ago but there must have been a run on them. Not surprising maybe. They'll be back, some expecting restocks in January. Keep looking, seems like you just missed out on that batch.
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Jesus, just had a look, it appears that the sellers are properly taking the Christmas p/ss..
I bought a tiger 1 V6 in November for £88 delivered. It arrived 2 days later from a UK seller. I just went back to check & he has now upped his price to (sit down) £288......
Leave it a couple of weeks & I’m sure the prices will drop to what we were seeing earlier.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gas hog
Recruit

Post by Gas hog »

I have taken a shine to the Panzer IV at tank zone With High Grade Metal Tracks
Price: £229 or Forgebear Taigen Panzer IV Special Edition 1:16 BB Version
£266.99. The more i research the more i am unsure of which one to buy. I have seen a Chieftain tank model that i like but it`s a lot of money to splash out on for a first purchase, there do not seem to be many RTR British tanks on the market or am i looking in the wrong place?
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Forgebear without a doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01

E-Bay is the biggest seller/ buyer market out there so will give you a good idea of what is available and a guide price. This can help your research but you may want to deal with a UK based business, like Forgebear, for backup support and service once a decision is forming. They can also assist you with custom parts and options.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”