Panther F

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Re: Panther F

Post by ronnie42 »

Thanks Eastern Front Looks like i made the correct choice of colour for the diffuser. As i am using an Elmod board any led will do behind the blue lens as all the lighting functions on the tank can be set anywhere from 100% to zero . Found another set of images here. http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/6si-pa ... -as-a-kit/ . General Jimbo some pics would be great, found a piece of info about the F it was designed for the IR system. The mg post fitting is offset facing forward, no need for a complex fitting inside the turret hatch. Have the headrest level with the eyepiece, needs to be back. The tank commanders must have been on an H&S course and told to wear steel helmets. :D
Last edited by ronnie42 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Just Google IR systems on Panther F images. There's lots of photos returned, most are the same but a few are very clear. The base of the IR mount is fixed to the inside of the hatch where, conveniently, my quick release mounting disk for my commander figure is attached so l've simply added the IR mount to the disk. Both pop out to fit the Apple. I've posted pics on your other thread.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Blue paint mask fitted , high and low light intensity. General Jimbo was asking about pics of you resin IR searchlight.
paint mask material for lens
paint mask material for lens
high with yellow led
high with yellow led
P2015806.JPG (60.15 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
low  yellow led, fit a blue   led and its done
low yellow led, fit a blue led and its done
P2015805.JPG (88.37 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Found a small blue led, set up led and then lens filter following Eastern Fronts advice. Works a treat, next up find some fine wire for the power so that the cable does not ruin the effect.
max intensity
max intensity
lowest setting
lowest setting
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Back onto the hull , here is another little error on HL and Taigen that bugs me.. Covers for air filters are moulded onto the engine deck, should be raised to let air into filters. The F is a test run as the other Panther is painted, need to get a neat removal and fix sorted out.
Covers should be raised to enable air to be drawn into the engine.
Covers should be raised to enable air to be drawn into the engine.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Yep, indeed once you know you can't leave it like that. Just cut them off, full the holes and glue some nice replacement covers on.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

HI Soeren Your panther build shows the effect of the raised covers. Last pic of tank and panel wash ,you see the shadow and its the little details that really add to the realism :D . Blue stuff is your friend , made some covers great stuff and reusable ;D .
Marked round covers ,don't want to drill out by them.
Marked round covers ,don't want to drill out by them.
Hull ready for covers
Hull ready for covers
covers with blue stuff moulds, even got the texture from mr surfacer
covers with blue stuff moulds, even got the texture from mr surfacer
P2065835.JPG (90.58 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
Trumpeter engine deck , covers are slightly different . Will cast them and decide what to use.
Trumpeter engine deck , covers are slightly different . Will cast them and decide what to use.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

One air filter cover on to see how it looks , cast the louvers for fan /radiator ducts. Turned out well, open and closed versions. The Taigen cutout for the mesh is smaller than the Trumpeter 1/16 parts, will adjust to fit. Now to make another set as the mould was good.
Much better raised
Much better raised
Cast louvers open and closed, you can see the cast ones are longer.
Cast louvers open and closed, you can see the cast ones are longer.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

The new cover being raised is a really nice touch

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Thanks mr c73 Noticed it on one of Soerens panther builds and thought must do that. :D

Return to “Other Builds”