Using HL v.6.0 electronics in a Tamiya tank-doable?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Using HL v.6.0 electronics in a Tamiya tank-doable?

Post by midlife306 »

What daughter board???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Don't forget if you buy one to upgrade another Tank you will need an upgraded Daughter Board as well,
Both Dave and Dom carry them in their stock.
I don't recall seeing a daughterboard in my V6.0 Leopard, Shaun :eh: I thought it might be lurking in the Turret, instead of the upper hull; mais non.
If you look at these pics, all the connectors go directly from the MFU to the
relevant components, and not via a DB:
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=28736
I'm guessing it's the same with other V6.0 models.
Hence, Wayne's surprise, and Gen J's query.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I did something I have been warning others against all my military life, That is ---"Don't assume Check", Because the Heng Long V5.0 was rewired complete with an upgraded daughter board I assumed the V6.0 had been similarly modified, this is even more stupid when you realise that all I had to do was open my brand new V6.0 equipped Heng Long Tiger1 and have a look DOHHH :{
Sorry.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

No worries mate, I thought I’d cocked up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Phew, l was wondering how l could have missed that! ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:I did something I have been warning others against all my military life, That is ---"Don't assume Check", Because the Heng Long V5.0 was rewired complete with an upgraded daughter board I assumed the V6.0 had been similarly modified, this is even more stupid when you realise that all I had to do was open my brand new V6.0 equipped Heng Long Tiger1 and have a look DOHHH :{
Sorry.
:D

Being right 99% of the time can't be bad, old chap :thumbup:
I wish I had a rating like that. :D
As for upgrading, it would seem that all components wired through the old daughterboard would have to be de-soldered, and fitted with JSTs.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

Regarding hl v6 against a Tamiya system. The cheap option is to fit a mako board. They do one specifically for the new hl v6 board. I sent for one from rc tank Australia. £27 and took about 10 days to arrive. The mako board adds servo recoil. Ability to add
Xenon flash plus a reload time between firing. Don't think it slows the tank down though after a hit

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

percy1510 wrote:Regarding hl v6 against a Tamiya system. The cheap option is to fit a mako board. They do one specifically for the new hl v6 board. I sent for one from rc tank Australia. £27 and took about 10 days to arrive. The mako board adds servo recoil. Ability to add
Xenon flash plus a reload time between firing. Don't think it slows the tank down though after a hit

Thanks for the info Percy, I'm sure it will be useful to budget battlers on the Forum. I don't battle, and so have have no need for IR as such, but I was just trying to establish what difficulties one might encounter trying to control a Tamiya tank (with all the usual bits- barring MF and DMD units) with the HL 6.0/6.1 setup.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”