axle supports for taigen tiger 1

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: axle supports for taigen tiger 1

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Jofaur, Jarndice, Forgebear: thank you! I, too, benefit from your help with these questions.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Jofaur86 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:29 am Hello,
By removing the motors, you should see inside, the small plastic studs, which hold this part? a mini drill, hands or electric, nun small forest, drill gently (not completely) then pry on the outside with a knife blade
without forcing too much :thumbup:
That's how I do it as well. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Darkdog45
Recruit

Post by Darkdog45 »

I have just completed this task. It was quite tricky. The output shaft covers (metal ) did indeed come off after some very gentle prising with two very small electrical screwdrivers. They are held in place only with three very small nipples. Not even sure they were glued as they popped off without too much resistance. I used a smear of ceramic grease when seating the new axle bush on the output shaft. Fiddly job but pleased to have completed it. Just wished I'd used a spot of Loctite on the nuts but won't be undoing it now !

Return to “General Questions”