TORRO Sturmtiger build

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: TORRO Sturmtiger build

Post by midlife306 »

Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

This is a great build and very interesting to follow.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

This build is dangerous, i am starting to look at 3D printers :S . What filament do you use ?
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

The barrel was made from petg but I haven't used it enough to get great results from it.
The blue filament is pla and it is easy to use.
You don't need to use an expensive printer just patience to set it up properly.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

I have filled and sanded the frameImage
So time to do some work on the hatch covers I printed these in two half's so I could print detail on both sides Image
I also made the posts that are for the jib crane using my drill and a fine saw for the groove
Putting it together with a temporary hinge and all fittings placed to see how it will look when finished
And with them fitted it was time get back to the house to warm up.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Great modeling skills. I like the idea of using a drill for a lathe. These build threads are very educational for folks like me.
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

Well its that time of year again so its slowed the progress on everything not just the Sturmtiger but i have done a few small things mainly some filling and sanding of the hatches plus gluing on the hardware.
I have also added some wire to the crane as well as a few detail bits
I glued a towing cable in to position but not to the tank so it can be removed for painting and it seems to be law to have a bucket hanging somewere :haha: .
I have also been busy on the computer and have uploaded the hatch files to Thingiverse.
Hatches - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4061764
Nahverteidigungswaffe for the hatch - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4061733
and also projectiles - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4061785
In the pipeline I am waiting for a few small bits to turn up but the best news is my Boss was good enough to get me an IBU2U (I have got to pay him back though) so i will be trying to shoe horn it into the tank along with a cheap speaker i got off ebay so more 3D printing will be in order after the new year.
So that just leaves me to wish everyone a happy Christmas and new year and I hope you all get the new tank you asked Santa for :clap:
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Superb project, well done and illustrated. Thank you for sharing. A Merry Christmas to you too Sir.
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

All my bits have finally arrived and tonight I have put the IBU2U in the sturmtiger and wired it up and got it working so I now can get 3d printing parts to get it all fitted inside properly.
https://youtu.be/ZYr7AKp4idA
baldrick131
Lance Corporal

Post by baldrick131 »

I've been slacking lately and not really been able to get much done as I would have liked on the sturmtiger other stuff just seems to get in the way sometimes.
But I have been able to make a mount for the control board that doesn't get in the way it's surprising how much room there isn't inside the Hull for all the bits. Image
And I will put the stl on thingiverse when I have sorted the speaker box I am currently putting together for the bigger speaker.
Last edited by baldrick131 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other Builds”