RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Anything off topic you wish to go on this forum goes here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Post by HERMAN BIX »

He makes me sad to be a Kiwi.
Just shows us all that the IRB has put the fear of God unto the long suffering officials and it’s ruining the game.
I guess they are still cranky at the game going professional in ‘95!!!

Massive day for Rugby
Glorious weekend for the 120 players of the teams on pitch over this round,

We don’t have a French ref for a change so things might be ok. Ole Nigel should bring his best ‘prance’ to the big dance!!
The Boyo’s & Les Tricolours get Jaco .
England & Aussie get the nervous Frenchman and his paranoid TMO
The brave Japan side get a joker that can’t spot a two meter out in front forward pass, so good luck luck with that.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

one more sleep..................then destiny set by God..................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

HERMAN BIX wrote:one more sleep..................then destiny set by God..................
And Referees whose good calls are only surpassed by their bad ones which is why we not only depend on the fitness and skill of our respective teams but on luck :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

What is there to say?
England yet again waiting for the alarm clock to ring but when it did the Wallibies were pretty much swept aside,
The disallowed final try would have been a delight in its execution if there was not that forward pass to confound it but the try of the match was surely Watsons intercept which is going to be replayed over and over,
Ireland this time last year might have put up a decent fight but not now,
Lots of old tired men who left me at 60 minutes wondering if we were going to witness a whitewash,
Irelands dignity being saved in the dying moments by some all out scrimmaging but I fear they were outplayed,
Next week is going to be interesting and on the performances of today not easy to call.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have surfaced with a victory hangover and a feeling of trepidation ( or is it that in need bacon & eggs!)
England were a steady moving steamroller and made every right decision.
The Wallabies thought they were in a super rugby match. At this level, points must be taken when I n offer, and 3 out in front was easy reward.
But, that’s at least going to force the demise of Cheika do the review and structured rebuilding can go ahead unhindered.

My guys bought pace and power when needed, certainly out thought the valiant Irish, but against England, they will have to play a final to win.
It’s going to be bigger than BEN Hur!!

Go Japan :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Would Wales have won if the French had not lost a player to a red card early in the game ?
I foresee trouble for the Welsh if they don't get their act together,
The scoreline should be a warning to them that the physical South Africans wont need to use red card violence to get the better of them,
Japans strengths, Speed, technical ability and stamina were overcome in a not particularly entertaining fashion by a Springbok side who had worked out how to shut down the Cherry Blossoms and did just that by burying them, Never allowing the Japanese any freedom and using their bulk to force a result.
This world cup is certainly not disappointing in entertainment for the fans but it has a nasty habit of bug*ering up the careers of managers whose teams could not quite get to the final, The critic's conveniently forgetting what they have achieved just getting here.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Sorry to say this, but if I were to place a bet on either Wales or South Africa, my money would be on the latter.

As for England v New Zealand, gosh, I'd have to do an each way bet ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yip I agree. The Swing Low mob are in magnificent form.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

It was tough to watch the Wallabies dish up the same old brainless game plan and get smacked by England again but certainly not a surprise. It's particularly disappointing when we have a bloke who isn't at international standard in the head coach role getting a rugby lesson from an England side led by a fair more qualified Australian coaching team. Despite what our (ex-)coach says, Australian fans want to see their team play to their potential and we're not happy to lose as long as the Wallabies play "the Australian way" (whatever that gibberish means). We used to be a smart team but under the Chieka regime we have become a one dimensional, predictable team that is just barely clinging on to tier one status. We have a group of very talented rugby players that are continually let down by dumb tactics. It's certainly not doing the game any favors at home in a very competitive local sporting market. As Herman mentioned the silver lining is that he is gone now and we can start to rebuild. Hopefully some of the dead wood from the administration like chairman Clyne will go with him as well.

As for Wales, I think they have reached their limit and are very lucky to be there. France looked the better side even with 14 men and if not for that very questionable last try they would be gone now.

It's hard to see anyone beating the All Blacks at the moment but if any team can do it it will be England. Whoever wins that game should take home the cup pretty comfortably.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

No more sleeps
Semi 1 is hours away
England have the best team in years so we will need a finals winning performance.
Ole Nigel gets a run after Jaco got run off, so let’s see if he is heavily influenced by two French linesmen to the detriment of the game .
Good luck “Roses”
Swing Low will be deafening!!!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Off topic”