Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

Post by Max-U52 »

Ragnar wrote:
RobW wrote:Might be a group thing? It works for me. Suitable waters probably means very calm?
Swimming pool! :thumbup:
More like bathtub, brother.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Just noticed that there is a pre-order open for the schwimmwagen over on the torro site, looks like it is 179€, :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Edit, available the end of November apparently :thumbup:
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Let's just hope they turn out to be more reliable than Hooben.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

The same price as their m16 half track, they don't state whether or show if the schwimmwagen comes with any figures though which the m16 does :S

Cheers, Lee
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Torro's 1/16 Schwimmwagen is being shown this weekend in Leipzig at Model Hobby Spiel 2019, Hall 5, Booth i30/K31 03.- 06.10.2019

Reservation Price €179. You can preorder at sales@torro.de

https://www.torro-shop.de/navi.php?q...jLt63fv3GZgenI
Max-U52 wrote:Let's just hope they turn out to be more reliable than Hooben.
No worries, Hooben doesn't have anything to do with this one, they only supply the Elefant. This is from the same factory making Torro & Taigen's tanks.
71906326_2573871992680104_4087047963560378368_o.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 2.08.10 PM.png
SpikyTheCommander
Private

Post by SpikyTheCommander »

Question being, out of those three options, which one is the most historically accurate?
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Model Builder 4 wrote:The same price as their m16 half track, they don't state whether or show if the schwimmwagen comes with any figures though which the m16 does :S

Cheers, Lee
Seriously doubt that since its not mentioned or shown in their marketing info nor website. Also since Torro offers 1/16 figures separately, it adds more to their bottom line. Lastly, this new release is from a different supplier than the M16 which is made by Trumpeter/WSN.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Will be interesting to see how well this sells considering the price, all plastic construction with rubber tyres, its nice to see companies making an effort to cater for our needs of military vehicles but just take a look on Ebay at the ( toy grade ) rc vehicles on there of all scales and the low cost of them, in my own opinion I don't think 179€ plus shipping ( I imagine ) for what you get is a reasonable price, time will tell and maybe it will be a best seller but just sharing my views :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Will be interesting to see how well this sells considering the price, all plastic construction with rubber tyres, its nice to see companies making an effort to cater for our needs of military vehicles but just take a look on Ebay at the ( toy grade ) rc vehicles on there of all scales and the low cost of them, in my own opinion I don't think 179€ plus shipping ( I imagine ) for what you get is a reasonable price, time will tell and maybe it will be a best seller but just sharing my views :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
I agree with you Lee, it's the same price as the M16 with less manufacturing costs. But, what's the alternative?
I just wished they'd focussed on German half tracks.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

X Sailor's link didn't work (for me, anyway), but here's the pre-order link and, yes, it is 179 Euros. :thumbup:
https://www.torro-shop.de/1-16-RC-VW-Sc ... -T166-camo
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”