Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

Post by Max-U52 »

I remember my first Tauch Panzer. Boy, did it need work, but I was so happy to have it I gladly set to work, and i'm still at it. I just picked up a set of metal roadwheels with rubber tires and return rollers. Someday that tank will make it to the TOTM competition. The point is, it looks like the new schwimmwagen might be a good place to start. Until i grow a skill set like Eddy's I need a head start, and this just might be it. I'm already thinking about how to modify it so i can turn the prop on as it enters the water. With all the talent on this forum I'm confident this simple first offering will morph into something decent in the right hands, but we'll never know until some of us try. I, for one, am game so I'll still preorder one and we'll see what's what. Oh yeah, I also just have to have one of these!!

https://www.torro-shop.de/WWII-Deutscher-Schwimmwagen_1

:wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

It may be an accurate looking model but the operating parts are simply toy grade (at best). If you don't like it, vote with your feet. Walk away. Comparable WPL trucks are around £25-35?

What's happening at Torro? New tank models with moulded on tools. What next?

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Any news on these? My account at Torro says the order is "not shipped yet" (but paid), anyone heard when they might actually ship? I was sure I heard November, but in RC tank-speak that probably means sometime around February. :lolno:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

www.rctank.de say that they will be available from 15 December 2019.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

Just got this email from Torro...
Funny, I’d have thought they would have delayed it more for the lack of steering lock...
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Looks like it is 180 pounds.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

According to that, it should have been in the shops since last january! They got the wrong year. It is a shame you can't change to water drive from the transmitter - now that would have raised my interest.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

That will be the plan when I get it eventually lol
Cheers
Wayne

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I shall look forward to that. I might be tempted if it is possible.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
midlife306

Torro Schwimmwagen Price?

Post by midlife306 »

Bang goes my Xmas prezzie ...

Return to “General Questions”