whats a good rc controller for tamiya tanks

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
Miker
Recruit

Re: whats a good rc controller for tamiya tanks

Post by Miker »

Hi guys, I’m new here. I’m getting confused. I have a Sherman, Pershing and King Tiger. I want to run them on a Radiolink AT1011, however I understood that you need manual sliders not electronic ones. Can you swap out the sliders for switches?

On the same but different models I have two Crossrc lorry’s with their full electronics package. I have a Spektrum DX18T radio that I wanted to use but finding it hard to set up so thinking of switching them to the Radio link.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

You won't be able to swap analogue trims for digital ones on the radio, they work differently. Easiest way to use a digital radio with the DMD's is to limit the throw of the stick when doing the DMD set up - either by reducing the end point in the radio set up screens (assuming it has that function), or by just moving the stick through 75% of its travel.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:thumbup: Good evening, the solution indicated by Tiger 6 is the simplest and easiest. This only concerns the functions, shooting and machine gun, for which it was necessary to modify the position of the trimmers, following the advice of Tiger 6, it will no longer be necessary.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) this can help you understand, sorry if in French, Google translate is your friend
https://www.customrcmodels.com/Tanks/id79.htm

Return to “Tamiya”