New project Matilda 3/4

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
ankh
Recruit

Re: New project Matilda 3/4

Post by ankh »

Thanks Guys for nice words. I really enjoyed building it. Alwyn's design is very good, I laterally had no issues at all so highly recommend it if you want to build one.
Alwyn's Crusader is on my bench now, should be ready in a week or so, I'll share a video when done.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you, sir! The key terms "Caunter" and "camouflage" gave me dozens of "hits" in a Google search. The Ammo brand (Mig Jimenez) even sells a set of acrylics for the scheme, although--drat--not with the blue/grey.
ankh
Recruit

Post by ankh »

This camo is not historically accurate but is exactly how I wanted it to look. If memory serves me well there was a story behind that camo due to black and white pictures from early WW2.
For accuracy here are BS paint codes plus vallejo paints:
BSC 64 ( 71.288)
BSC 34 (71.012)
BSC 28 (71.401)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Ah, nice to have the Vallejo numbers... Thank you!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The concept of dazzle camouflage came from black and white geometric patches painted on warships and some merchants to try and confuse U-boat captains torpedo aim in the second world war. The strange patterns were supposed to have made it difficult for sub commanders to identify the correct distance and speed of their target when aiming their torpedos and thus hopefully make them miss.
Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

My friends who model ships cringe at the dazzle pattern, which usually continues up the hull to the intricate superstructure with its multiple parts and various surfaces. :crazy: :headbang:

Return to “Other Builds”