So today I bought this..

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Re: So today I bought this..

Post by mutt71 »

For what is worth, I believe that you got a great deal on this. I have every confidence that you will have a LOT of fun with this purchase. Speed is not a requirement by any means, you can enjoy the reference gathering, parts refinishing and gathering and utilizing the board for any assistance an answers to questions that you may have. As you are aware, there is a lot of experience and assistance available online here, so you will be good to go. I look forward to following along with you as you progress along on this project.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

Thanks Mutt71,
This forum has phenomenal depth of knowledge and skills. I’m going to enjoy contributing
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Welcome aboard Sinj, this build might just shame me into cracking on with mine! Happy to share info on whats happened along the way bud :)
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Great bargain those gearboxes cost £20 then you have other parts which add up a good battery.plus the rest.

regards pete
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

cashybai wrote:Welcome aboard Sinj, this build might just shame me into cracking on with mine! Happy to share info on whats happened along the way bud :)
Thank you cashybai, I’m looking forward to this journey. And yours now too!
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

971wright wrote:Great bargain those gearboxes cost £20 then you have other parts which add up a good battery.plus the rest.

regards pete
Thanks Pete.
Taken gearboxes out and I’m not sure if they’re for a JP/ Panther or not. Judging by the filler used to hold them in place and not screwed in and plastic cut away in lower slope to make some room for the right hand gearbox chassis.
I’m enjoying this “barn find” strip down.
I’m away from home at the moment but will have access to my old chassis from Friday. I’ll be initially taking it back to standard with parts that I have, then as money allows taking on the route of my Panther.
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

This is my Panther which I feel looks like it’s wearing too much camo... needs weathering down. It’s over dressed Burberry :haha:
Attachments
0F7891C4-DCAE-4575-990B-A7D0EA279525.jpeg
0407F1F9-D615-49BD-B30B-DDAAD1888AF1.jpeg
E9457E8E-AB89-4941-ADD2-E49F697E5050.jpeg
E9457E8E-AB89-4941-ADD2-E49F697E5050.jpeg (85.54 KiB) Viewed 2389 times
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

The Panther has some really cool Camo on it. It will be easy to tone it to a shade you like.

The Jagdpanther looks like it was build as a knocked out vehicle? Well, still you should be able to make it look like you want it. The "mud" can be filed/sanded down. When you put some paint on it will look like new. :thumbup:
Some blur and smoke and this would look like real.
sinj
Recruit

Post by sinj »

Soeren wrote:The Panther has some really cool Camo on it. It will be easy to tone it to a shade you like.

The Jagdpanther looks like it was build as a knocked out vehicle? Well, still you should be able to make it look like you want it. The "mud" can be filed/sanded down. When you put some paint on it will look like new. :thumbup:
Some blur and smoke and this would look like real.
I made a small video clip in black and white using a cine camera app. Looks a bit better.
It’s the weathering that’s holding me back. It’s my first tank paint job and I’m nervous I’ll get the weathering wrong.

The JP I think was painted to look battle worn. I can see his intentions just heavy handed.
HL Panther G
HL Jadgpanther
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The Panther looks fine, actually. Maybe a touch of muting of the colours on the wheels might do the trick. You'll find plenty of examples of other Panther camo schemes in the Forum archives, when you have the time, and one or two showing useful methods of 'ageing' the paintwork subtly. All your model needs is a slight bit of toning down (ageing). Otherwise, you have a nice model there. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Other Builds”