What would YOU choose?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: What would YOU choose?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:[quote="
Must control this ever-growing wish-list, and prioritise. :problem: :haha:
Your in the wrong hobby for that my old friend.[/quote]

Spoken like a seasoned veteran, Shaun. Now, what would your abbreviated wish-list include? ( Exclude the wish to be young enough to be back in uniform :shh: )
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:This is an easy one.
I'd like a Matilda.
Or a Matilda, or,
A Matilda :D
Well, if you wish to drool over anything (figuratively), look no further than Freddie's (Panzerjaeger's) scratch-built masterpiece here. Painless will remember this one!
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22325&hilit=matilda+build&start=20
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yes, I have drooled over that build many a time ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Eastern Front wrote:Well,
I would never have any of those choices..

My choices would have been much simpler like:

Tamiya Panther "G"
Tamiya M1A2 Abrams
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya Tiger
Tamiya sherman

Mato M36
Mato M10

HL Stug III, only because I don't want to seem biased 8O
Edit: or a Challenger---nifty tank

Lastly, a nice 12 pack of a good dark beer and Texas BBQ!

Cheers!
Don't want to sound like an eco-friendly restrictive Santa, reducing the sleigh-weight for next season's festivities, E.F.; but with a list that long, your case of wish-fulfilment is far worse than mine.. :O :haha: :haha:
I'll join you at the BBQ, but I didn't know that Yanks had learned how to make beer, yet :think: So, I'll bring a case of Budweiser Budvar (The original. A Czech beer- 600 year old recipe, or so..), and a bottle of 25-year-old Glen Grant
single malt whisky.
Slainte!! :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

RobW wrote:The Comet will keep you out of mischief for weeks/months while you save for the JS 2. Equally, as others have said, Dave's not posting them due to the packing: it's not really fit for transit.

I've got a huge list of "wants", and most of the main bits to do a lot of them. So, if it's a wish list:

3d printer (metal powder)
Taigen Churchill Mk4
1/6 T60 (light tank) which will come after the printer & workshop!
Mmmm..yes well, I could go with those as well, Rob. The problem is, I have a brand new (well, unused) 3D printer sitting in the space that used to be a clothes cupboard. My son bought it for me. After assembling it, I didn't even get around to switching it on, as I was busy recording music. There's a pic of the printer somewhere in an old thread. A Taigen Churchill...Yes..yes..yes. !!!
Just increase the agony, why don't ya!
\BUT, surely it has to stop somewhere? When the clothes have left the cupboard to accommodate unbuilt tanks and a printer; it's time for therapy sessions, I think. :haha:
Meantime, I'd forgotten that my plan was to finish my six-unfinished models, build a Comet, and then gravitate to 1:6: the apogee of the Tank hobby. But I'd probably have to mortgage the house to find the Armortek Pz IV. It's probably the finest 1:6 model out there :thumbup: :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

STHV wrote:Oooh that's a tough one!

I'd love an AMX-13 SS.11, an E-100 or a Conqueror maybe even a Tortoise
I think that Tom (Tom Hugill) still has the Tortoise somewhere. Why not try luring him into parting with it? Last time I saw it on here, it was suffering from real weathering :lolno:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Surely, Shirley, No its definitely surely I cannot be the only person on this Forum who cannot stand either the Mk 1 or Mk 2 Matilda but I digress :haha:
My Short list of things to waste money on would be in no particular order, 6 Fender Stratocaster Black Tuning Machines, a 1/16 RC Vickers Comet, A 1/8 RC Avro Lancaster, and a Honda CB1000R with a new set of leathers. :thumbup:
My dream took a bit of a kicking when I discovered some Basta*d in Ireland won £156million on the Euromillions lottery last night.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:

I think that Tom (Tom Hugill) still has the Tortoise somewhere. Why not try luring him into parting with it? Last time I saw it on here, it was suffering from real weathering :lolno:

You've a good memory Roy!

She's being rehabilitated by woz on my behalf. Think she will be a stunner when he's through with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

43rdRecceReg wrote: \BUT, surely it has to stop somewhere? When the clothes have left the cupboard to accommodate unbuilt tanks and a printer; it's time for therapy sessions, I think. :haha:
Nah, there's always space for more! Why do you think I'm adding an extension to the house! SWMBO thinks it's just for the kitchen....

Forgot to add a high res 3d scanner to the list: they're coming down in price and with some CAD skills it'll not be long before some of the weirder shaped hulls are possible.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D :thumbup:
tomhugill wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:

You've a good memory Roy!

She's being rehabilitated by woz on my behalf. Think she will be a stunner when he's through with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:) :thumbup: Yes, Tom.. it's not so much the memory, as the lasting impression it made. :haha: That beast (in 1/1 scale) would make any luckless Wehrmacht soldier wish he'd worn khaki pants, instead of grey ones :lolno: :D
Glad to learn that a refurbishment of the old girl is still underway. :thumbup:

Return to “General Questions”