"Zorn" Panzer IV, 1951

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panzer IV, 1951

Post by EAO »

Perfect pictures, could be taken in late '44 or early '45. Very nice work! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

It is an historical fact that the Panzer 4 fought with the Syrian armed forces in the 1967 Israeli war and that is what I like about Rads 1951 PZ4 because the Tanks post WW2 history obviously continued upto 1967 and who actually can fill in the activity of the PZ4 between 45 and 67 ?
Until the definitive history of the Panzer 4 is revealed those lost 20 years are open to interpretation,
I imagine it is readily available if one searches for it but until then why should we/Rad not make up our own version?
I have a great interest in the PZ4 but its Post war history is a mystery to me so Go for it Rad you have my attention.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO

Post by EAO »

jarndice wrote:It is an historical fact that the Panzer 4 fought with the Syrian armed forces in the 1967 Israeli war and that is what I like about Rads 1951 PZ4 because the Tanks post WW2 history obviously continued upto 1967 and who actually can fill in the activity of the PZ4 between 45 and 67 ?
Until the definitive history of the Panzer 4 is revealed those lost 20 years are open to interpretation,
I imagine it is readily available if one searches for it but until then why should we/Rad not make up our own version?
I have a great interest in the PZ4 but its Post war history is a mystery to me so Go for it Rad you have my attention.
Well said. I've always found it intriguing when WW2 tanks have soldiered on well past the war that they were initially designed for!

Regards,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Superb shots in the real outdoors Mr Rad, it fits in perfectly.
As for the WW2 AFVs fighting on thru the 60s any beyond, it’s a credit to not only the basic design, but also the maintenance and repair crews of the post was armies to keep them going.
Masses of Soviet machines were awash around the globe, and only the recent Gulf Conflics may have worn out or destroyed the bulk of those, but the 40s tech seems to have held up well.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Indeed,
it is a little known fact that at the end of the European war the British Army commissioned Krupps to keep the PZ5 line running and so the Panther had a life beyond 1945 and of course French factories made a number of German Military vehicles including the Feisler Storch and the Panzer5 so with the emergence of the French Armed forces post 1945 they were flying a French built German Aircraft and a French built German Tank.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon!
I have certainly enjoyed this build and photos of this tank in it's natural environment only add to the level of pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to photograph then post these excellent shots, Rad. An amazing Build overall!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great photos!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed!

When I woke up and took a look outside it looked so cool (yeah, in fact TOO cool, lol) that immediatelly I had to pick the Panzer IV and go outside for taking pics... I did it such in a rush that I was outside with my pijama. Yeah, you had to see my neighours faces, lol. I lasted there until I lost the sensibility in my hands and feet, but glad I did it! like 5 minutes later the fog was gone.

I think I had the perfect amount of snow. Most snow pics I have seen there is already too much and it does not look realistic besides my tank runs poorly in the snow. I guess it is too heavy and the tracks are too narrow for it, so it basically it digs itself. Ostketten will probably help.

Cant wait until it snows like that again, because I want to make some videos.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello Rad, :D
I imagine the faces of the neighbors, when you uncover you, outside in this weather and in your pajamas? to play with a tank, but it was worth it, in view of the magnificent photos, we would think we were back to the time, congratulations Rad :thumbup:
EAO

Post by EAO »

Jofaur86 wrote:Hello Rad, :D
I imagine the faces of the neighbors, when you uncover you, outside in this weather and in your pajamas? to play with a tank, but it was worth it, in view of the magnificent photos, we would think we were back to the time, congratulations Rad :thumbup:
It would of been really funny if this snow occurred on Christmas morning! There's Rad in his PJ's in the snow and fog with his tank! The neighbors would be like "well it is Christmas morning?!" You know the old saying about men and boys and the price of their toys!

Superb pics and a smile on my face to boot! :D :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Tamiya Builds”