World's smallest (1:77) Hobby Grade Radio Remote Control Tank?

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: World's smallest 2 channel twin motor RADIO CONTROL Tank

Post by PainlessWolf »

S.O.A.G.
I've given it a lot of effort, my friend. Regular rubber bands are too thick and will not clear the track guards. I suppose that a set could be printed nowadays but the material would have to be super flexible given the miniscule strength of those motors.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

PainlessWolf wrote:S.O.A.G.
I've given it a lot of effort, my friend. Regular rubber bands are too thick and will not clear the track guards. I suppose that a set could be printed nowadays but the material would have to be super flexible given the miniscule strength of those motors.
regards,
Painless
Oh, that's a real shame because they look awesome :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

This one looks similar to the Digi-Q models I see so far but not quite. This is RADIO CONTROLLED and all the Digi-Q ones look to be IR control. Also I found one Digi-Q that looks just like this one @ (Panther) but it is not the same Tank as those are IR battle tanks. In this review, the author does not mention the scale that I can see. https://the-gadgeteer.com/2003/07/10/co ... ks_review/

I am still trying to figure out what this thing is and who makes it.
Last edited by modler on Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

They look like the old Nikko tanks, but I may be wrong :think:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:They look like the :/ old Nikko tanks, but I may be wrong :think:

I do not think you are even close gunner lol :/

I found who is making them now. They are using the same mold looks to me. I will post more info as soon as I get the ones I just ordered. The new ones I ordered are also RADIO CONTROLLED not IR controlled. I am still sticking to my story that these are the smallest r\c tanks in the world (as we know it) :haha:
Last edited by modler on Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

modler wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:They look like the :/ old Nikko tanks, but I may be wrong :think:

I do not think you are even close gunner lol :/
Yeah, maybe the Nikko ones were 48th scale now I think about it.

modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

I found who is selling this Tank now, Banggood. It looks like the same Tank chassis, Tracks, road wheels etc looks the same but may have new electronics. I ordered 2 of them from Banggood. It looks like they may be RRC IR Battle Tanks but is hard to tell as it shows pictures of the Tank with what looks like a battle IR system (IR emitter and collector). I will post more info when the new Tanks arrive.
Attachments
Russian T-34 (sorta) I bought two for IR battle but does not say they are IR battle tanks but it implies they are.
Russian T-34 (sorta) I bought two for IR battle but does not say they are IR battle tanks but it implies they are.
I know its not scale but is very small. I am hoping they are RRC IR battle tanks.
I know its not scale but is very small. I am hoping they are RRC IR battle tanks.
Different body shell but same chassis
Different body shell but same chassis
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

Well the Tanks I ordered from Banggood are literally on a slow boat from China as they have not arrived yet. I was looking on ebay for RRC HalfTracks and only found one. I wonder why no one does a mass produced Halftrack you can but from Chinatown?

Below is a picture of the only RRC Halftrack I could find. It looks sorta like a M3 Halftrack but what is interesting is that it looks like it uses the Babggood Tanks chassis.
Attachments
Looks familiar eh?
Looks familiar eh?
modler
Sergeant

Re: World's smallest motorized HALFTRACK!

Post by modler »

modler wrote:Well the Tanks I ordered from Banggood are literally on a slow boat from China as they have not arrived yet. I was looking on ebay for RRC HalfTracks and only found one. I wonder why no one does a mass produced Halftrack you can but from Chinatown?

Below is a picture of the only RRC Halftrack I could find. It looks sorta like a M3 Halftrack but what is interesting is that it looks like it uses the Babggood Tanks chassis.
I JUST REALISED this is the world's smallest Halftrack! Not only that but it also is the only mass produced Halftrack of any kind that I can find. Looks like it was made in 2003.

It would be interesting to know if this thing actually has steering front wheels.
Attachments
They all share the same tank tracks\chassis except the tanks here show an extra road wheel so it is a stretched chassis.
They all share the same tank tracks\chassis except the tanks here show an extra road wheel so it is a stretched chassis.
In this picture they show german soldiers with the M3 halftrack? Maybe it was captured lol
In this picture they show german soldiers with the M3 halftrack? Maybe it was captured lol
Goofy looking M3 Half Track with a tank chassis. The same chassis used in the worlds smallest tank.
Goofy looking M3 Half Track with a tank chassis. The same chassis used in the worlds smallest tank.
modler
Sergeant

Post by modler »

There is one of these small M3 looking Halftracks on ebay for $65. Seems like a bit much to me but it is one of a kind. If not for that goofy looking machine gun turret thing it would not look too bad. I can not tell from the picture if the controller is stick of PB or if it steers like a TANK or like a TRUCK. I can not buy it as my wife thinks I have too much of these toys now and she is right lol.
Attachments
Man I want this thing but I fear future regret at spending $65 for it lol
Man I want this thing but I fear future regret at spending $65 for it lol
This is the only game in town for a RRC halftrack.
This is the only game in town for a RRC halftrack.

Return to “Smaller Scale Military.”