Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Post by RobW »

Thanks Xiaoshan_Sailor, I suppose we're naturally wary of "pay first" adverts, even from known suppliers. Given it's an "order first" & pay (slightly) later that takes a lot of our risk away.
Hopefully they don't bite off too much too quickly as I think I'll be saving my pennies for the BT & Crusader III.

Will we have to use the local re-sellers or can others take on that role?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:The man is getting way ahead of himself now; certainly keeping his design team busy!
Clarks.jpg
Many thanks, Xiaoshan, for the input and pics of new developments. The 'Goliath' is (in its present form) a wee rib-tickler, as it would spin around in circles. :D Congrats, at the same time, on your impeccable English.
If British armour in 1/16 scale could be likened to the Sahara desert; the prospect of Clark's Cromwell comes as something of an oasis. With the prospect of a Comet, Centurion, and Crusader it's more like an oasis with beer, champagne, and whisky (or gin) thrown in :haha: :thumbup:
Do keep us up to date with developments here. Thanks again! :thumbup:
(Mine's a 15-year old single malt whisky, by the way. Cheers!)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

43rdRecceReg wrote:(Mine's a 15-year old single malt whisky, by the way. Cheers!)
Named Matilda? :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

RobW wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:(Mine's a 15-year old single malt whisky, by the way. Cheers!)
:D Hmmm.. Well, 'Glen Matilda' has a certain ring to it... :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
RobW wrote:
But Bells don't produce it. . . . :think:

Thank you Mr Xiaoshan_Sailor :thumbup: I for one would be very happy if a Matilda was in the works.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D
Son of a gun-ner wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote:
RobW wrote: Named Matilda? :D
But Bells don't produce it. . . . :think:

Thank you Mr Xiaoshan_Sailor :thumbup: I for one would be very happy if a Matilda was in the works.
:D
'Ding Dong!'
(...could almost be a far Eastern Forum member with a taste for a certain blended whisky..or, a fan of Leslie Philips. But that would be hard to pronounce. ;) )

Like you, Mick, I could easily add the Matilda to the 'must buy' menu; but it's now running to five courses 8O . Gotta stop somewhere :problem:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

I could quite easily put my fleet of Sherman builds I'm amassing on hold for a Matilda :{

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Many thanks, Xiaoshan, for the input and pics of new developments. The 'Goliath' is (in its present form) a wee rib-tickler, as it would spin around in circles. :D Congrats, at the same time, on your impeccable English.
If British armour in 1/16 scale could be likened to the Sahara desert; the prospect of Clark's Cromwell comes as something of an oasis. With the prospect of a Comet, Centurion, and Crusader it's more like an oasis with beer, champagne, and whisky (or gin) thrown in :haha: :thumbup:
Do keep us up to date with developments here. Thanks again! :thumbup:
(Mine's a 15-year old single malt whisky, by the way. Cheers!)
Gents,

Considering I'm from the States hewn out of fine English & Welsh ancestry, my English isn't too bad. I, too, have to agree with your oasis analogy since I've been pining for British armor since I walked into Heng Long & Trumpeter over a dozen years ago so will keep you posted on Clark's efforts as they develop. BTW, he does plan to put up the new models on his website for those who aren't fans of Facebook. A Matilda may well appear as well but its down the list.

Am more than happy to help keep you folks in the loop in an unvarnished & non-biased view from this side of the pond. I happen to live in Hangzhou, less than an hour away from Arkmodel/Hooben & know the local hobby scene well. Feng has a number of new 1/10 models in the works so it should be a good year for any AFV fan.

Single malts in the mid-teen years are a favorite of mine as well - sure beats that nasty baijiu the locals love to quaff in my neck of the world.

Cheers!
Last edited by Xiaoshan_Sailor on Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

But WE don't want 10th scale models. . . .

We need more 16th scale models ;)

Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I already told it to Clark, but I will write it here again.

I think the market needs more vehicles. Tanks we already have a lot but even when I am more than glad to see british armor I think more vehicles are definitelly needed... Trucks, half tracks, armored cars like the 222... I told clark that I would love to have a WW2 Willys Jeep. It should not take you a lot of time to design it, and price should not be too high, so I think it would be a great success.

Whatever you do, we dont need another Tiger, another Sherman, and heck, nothing in 1/10 scale.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “General Discussion”