Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Clark-Model Projected 0ne Sixteenth Cromwell Mk IV

Post by tankme »

As far as I know the BT-7 is going to be Clark's first tank release and I haven't seen any information yet that it is ready for order. The Cromy was going to be after the BT-7. First release was supposed to be in June, but of course that didn't happen. There has been no word on their gearbox either that I can see.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

tankme wrote:As far as I know the BT-7 is going to be Clark's first tank release and I haven't seen any information yet that it is ready for order. The Cromy was going to be after the BT-7. First release was supposed to be in June, but of course that didn't happen. There has been no word on their gearbox either that I can see.
Thanks for that. Social networking has absolutely no appeal for me, and so if there are any updates on Clark's Facebook page, I wouldn't have seen them. :|
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Highly doubtful you'll see one anytime soon after chatting with Clark earlier in the week about the BT-7 which, unfortunately, along with the Cromwell & MK IV appears to be on hold indefinitely:
Can not be sure now, we can only put free time to RTR tank as it's not our 1st priority

That said, Clark again stressed he will only develop a prototype upon receiving commitments of 100 units & then has no plans to actually proceed with release until AFTER receiving 100 pre-orders with payment. Hope you dealers have some deep pockets since its going to be awfully hard to sell that marketing concept only on Facebook &/or his website.

That said, there is another brand planning to release a 1/16 Cromwell in early 2020 so it appears finally someone in China is listening to the market.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Highly doubtful you'll see one anytime soon after chatting with Clark earlier in the week about the BT-7 which, unfortunately, along with the Cromwell & MK IV appears to be on hold indefinitely:
Can not be sure now, we can only put free time to RTR tank as it's not our 1st priority

That & he'll only develop a prototype upon receiving commitments 100 units, & then has no plans to actually proceed with release until AFTER receiving 100 pre-orders & payment. Hope you dealers have some deep pockets since its going to be awfully hard to sell that marketing concept only on Facebook.

That said, there is another brand planning to release a 1/16 Cromwell in early 2020 so I presume finally somebody is listening to the market.
I'm always intrigued by the inside information that seems to come through to you. :) The initial news, about the Clark initiative, almost seemed too good to be true. :| It's something of a letdown, but no surprise.
I did express interest, directly, to the Clark site; but I guess they'll need another 99+ punters before any action will be taken.
What's the scuttlebutt, then, on the mysterious 'other brand' planning to release a 1/16 Cromwell in early 2020? I'm all ears- figuratively speaking, that is! :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

When are these people going to listen to the buyers of their products ?
I and I suggest many other people into 1/16 WW2 RC Armour would sell the grandkids to buy a Taigen/Heng Long Etc RTR Centurion and with the recent improvement in the electronics and the detail of their latest offerings they could get away with hiking the price.
And if they want something a little more esoteric what about a Conqueror ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

What's the scuttlebutt, then, on the mysterious 'other brand' planning to release a 1/16 Cromwell in early 2020? I'm all ears- figuratively speaking, that is! :D
Sorry mate, but can't say at the moment. Its brand new intel but expect more will be released soon since I saw a glimpse of the box art which we all know means its well on its way to fruition. As we say back home, it appears Clark missed the boat on this one.
I and I suggest many other people into 1/16 WW2 RC Armour would sell the grandkids to buy a Taigen/Heng Long Etc RTR Centurion and with the recent improvement in the electronics and the detail of their latest offerings they could get away with hiking the price.
Would not be the least surprised to see a rush to market on some new models in 2020 but unfortunately expect more of the same copying & poaching of each other's work.
tankme

Post by tankme »

I expressed my interest in the BT-7. Problem is Clark decided to ask the public what they wanted and not if they would buy the BT-7 only. Doing so splits the interest. If he had at least a 3D printed prototype to show he would get more interest. Showing the public a bunch of CAD drawings does nothing. He needs to show us HE is serious before we will be serious buyers. I see parts on his website that I haven't seen anywhere for purchase (IE: HL KV-1 full recoil and elevation upgrade). There might be more serious interest if he wasn't off in so many different directions. I had money set aside to throw down on the BT-7, but alas I bought a Chieftain. I got tired of waiting.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

There might be more serious interest if he wasn't off in so many different directions. I had money set aside to throw down on the BT-7, but alas I bought a Chieftain. I got tired of waiting.
Couldn't agree with you more since I, too, have grown frustrated with the continued delays followed by the answer I got earlier last weekend.

I'm currently gazing at this little beauty that will set me back a considerable amount more than a few BT-7s, or Cromwells for that matter, but at least with this seller I know I have a completion date to look forward to.
Attachments
WechatIMG28.jpeg
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

I’m drooling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:
There might be more serious interest if he wasn't off in so many different directions. I had money set aside to throw down on the BT-7, but alas I bought a Chieftain. I got tired of waiting.
Couldn't agree with you more since I, too, have grown frustrated with the continued delays followed by the answer I got earlier last weekend.

I'm currently gazing at this little beauty that will set me back a considerable amount more than a few BT-7s, or Cromwells for that matter, but at least with this seller I know I have a completion date to look forward to.
The problem with this show-stopping bit of eye-bling, is precisely that: the bling (glitz) :problem: It looks so pretty at the moment, that it would seem a shame to paint it. :| I can imagine the nagging torment: 'To paint, or not to paint, that is the question?" causing a few sleepless nights... :lolno: :D

Return to “General Discussion”