Hi everyone

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Hi everyone

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jolly good to have you along old boy :shifty:
How’s my antipodean translated approach working for me mate ?

Best wishes and a warm( so bloody warm it’s ridiculous) welcome from the searing Gold Coast of Australia out of a mild New Zealand
You will indeed benefit from your geographically convenient location by having relative convenience for parts supply, club choice and general advantages associated with a northern hemisphere location for all things tanking.
The best of course being an ACTUAL currency, not a pretend one !!!
Thanks for stopping in & thanks in advance for your overwhelming number of pictures :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I've been to a GLAD meet, you won't be disappointed, especially if Dave (forgebear) attends, he sells most of the parts you may require ;)

I must add, I didn't ask where you were, I'm not as nosey as Max-U52 and jarndice ;) :haha:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Being an awful antipodean as I am , I don’t ask !
That’s like an obvious migrant border agent asking an obvious natural-born traveller what his purpose is for arriving at the airport that day !!!!
Doesn’t matter where you’re from, but it’s what you do while you are here that makes the mark!
I’ve spent a fair bit of time in private interview rooms explaining the response I can give you the tip.
That’s just me :{
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi and welcome to the forum JD :wave:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hmmm, guess I should clarify. I'm not nosy, and I don't really care what city a guy lives in, but I ask every new member where they are for one simple reason - if they're in the U.S. the amount of assistance I can offer is significantly higher. I suppose I could just ask if they're in the U.S., just didn't see the big deal. In the past I've met a new member, found out he needed a part I had and offered it up, only to find the postage to his country was eleventy-gazillion dollars. So as far as I'm concerned, a proper introduction should include your country of residence, or at least your continent, and if a guy forgets to include that info I'm not too shy to ask. For example, I didn't want to mention to Jon that I have buckets full of Bulldog parts, only to learn he was in the UK and would never see any of them. It's not cool to tease the new guys like that. @) @)

Hopefully it all makes more sense now. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am absolutely with you Gary,
We boast how helpful we are to newbies then because we don't know where they are its just empty words, Although I think Mick was doing what he does best "Taking the P*ss", mostly out of me :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Schultzy
Private

Post by Schultzy »

Welcome to the forums! First upgrade has to be a bucket!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

jarndice wrote:I am absolutely with you Gary,
We boast how helpful we are to newbies then because we don't know where they are its just empty words, Although I think Mick was doing what he does best "Taking the P*ss", mostly out of me :haha:
Who me, never. . . . . :D @)

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jonnydee
Recruit

Post by Jonnydee »

Hey that’s great there’s a meet up near Grantham, I’m only 30 miles away and would really appreciate it if you [son of a gunner/robw] could mention it to the organiser?
Hi Schultzy, a few metal buckets are are gonna be ordered this weekend for both my tanks.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Jonnydee wrote:Hey that’s great there’s a meet up near Grantham, I’m only 30 miles away and would really appreciate it if you [son of a gunner/robw] could mention it to the organiser?
Hi Schultzy, a few metal buckets are are gonna be ordered this weekend for both my tanks.
Got to have a bucket or it's not a proper build, me, I'm a heretic, still haven't got a bucket @)

As for the Grantham club, just turn up, RobW is a member, all tank enthusiasts are welcome. And I'll add, if I was welcomed, you'll have no problems ;) mind you, it's a bit of a trek for me, so can't make it all the time, it is over 130 miles for me, they're quite relieved about that I believe ;) lol

Return to “Introduce Yourself”