Order Upgrade speaker

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Dusty Steppes
Private

Re: Order Upgrade speaker

Post by Dusty Steppes »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Yep, I can confirm. I once bought by mistake 16 ohm headphones for my walkman instead of 8, was like listening through cotton wool.
As for what components "take," speakers in this instance, they are given the available volts, they take what amps they want (or try too), and their resistance is down to their construction. Therefore, a 4 ohm speaker will try to draw more amps from its source than the 8 ohm, in this case the control board (m f u). If the control board can't handle the speakers demand something will burn out.

This is the reason the manufacturers should list the output impedance of the audio circuit of the MFU. Letting the smoke out of electronics is never a good thing.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

They don't tell you because they want you to buy their spares, they can't have you spending your hard earned with aftermarket suppliers ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

That’s the beauty of car amps, the decent ones will tell you what ohm rating they are capable of running at.
I have a big pioneer monoblock amp in my boot that will quite happily run at 1 ohm
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

midlife306 wrote:That’s the beauty of car amps, the decent ones will tell you what ohm rating they are capable of running at.
I have a big pioneer monoblock amp in my boot that will quite happily run at 1 ohmImage
Cheers
Wayne
Why? Wayne, I hate to break it to you, but, you're not a teenager anymore :/

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
midlife306 wrote:That’s the beauty of car amps, the decent ones will tell you what ohm rating they are capable of running at.
I have a big pioneer monoblock amp in my boot that will quite happily run at 1 ohmImage
Cheers
Wayne
Why? Wayne, I hate to break it to you, but, you're not a teenager anymore :/
Ohhhh yes I am!
I used to build bass boxes & install car hifi, it’s just old bits I had left over & a portable test bench that puts out over 2000watts RMS lol
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

LOL. I was doing some work at an industrial estate in London, repairing some empty units, one unit close by had an auto workshop, the owner had all these trophies about the place, after asking him what they were for I was quite shocked. They were for in car sound systems. So loud you couldn't sit in the car and had to use a remote from outside. Still can't get the why on that lol.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

There is a significant difference between a car or a household HiFi amplifier and what poses as an amplifier in our tank circuitry. If you go too low with impedance on the larger amplifiers, you'll more likely just suffer from sound distortion. With standard tank electronics, you'll more likely blow the sound circuitry as it possibly won't be able to deliver the required amps to a lower impedance speaker than it was designed for.

Ghosttjr
Recruit

Order Upgrade speaker

Post by Ghosttjr »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:There is a significant difference between a car or a household HiFi amplifier and what poses as an amplifier in our tank circuitry. If you go too low with impedance on the larger amplifiers, you'll more likely just suffer from sound distortion. With standard tank electronics, you'll more likely blow the sound circuitry as it possibly won't be able to deliver the required amps to a lower impedance speaker than it was designed for.
The stock Taigen speaker (picture) measures 3,7 Ohm, I measured this with my multimeter.
The question was can I use a upgrade speaker 10W 4Ohm (it doesn’t use 10W, it can handle 10W) and the answer must be yes then, since the upgrade speaker has more surface area and a big box around it I expect more bass, the stock speaker measures 89 decibels from 2-3 meters distance (machine gun), (80% volume-knob) I will do the same measurement when the new speaker is installed. ( I ditched my smoker for room)
I will also instal the new volume knob they sell (V2/V3) by the way I ordered this one https://www.rctank.de/VISATON-XL-speaker-10-Watt

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

That is good news.
My post wasn't that you couldn't, it was that you should check first. Which you have done :thumbup:

89 decibels, are you sure?
Years ago we had to check the volume of motorbikes and karts, by holding the decibel meter at one meter away from the end of the exhaust at a 45 degree angle with the engine at 4,500 revs. At the time, the maximum decibel output for the road was 85 decibels, and 95 decibels for the track. And that seems a lot louder than our tanks :think:

Ghosttjr
Recruit

Order Upgrade speaker

Post by Ghosttjr »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:That is good news.
My post wasn't that you couldn't, it was that you should check first. Which you have done :thumbup:

89 decibels, are you sure?
Years ago we had to check the volume of motorbikes and karts, by holding the decibel meter at one meter away from the end of the exhaust at a 45 degree angle with the engine at 4,500 revs. At the time, the maximum decibel output for the road was 85 decibels, and 95 decibels for the track. And that seems a lot louder than our tanks :think:
I measured with a app, it’s not calibrated, but I can measure if it’s louder then stock I guess, I saw some guy on this forum that also ordered from www.rctank.de is this company know by allot of you? I ordered my full Option Tiger there and so far excellent, I m from the Netherlands and often order from Germany

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Return to “Other electronics”