My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by Max-U52 »

I think this battery pack was made for additional accessories, not to drive the tank, but it's disguised as a wooden crate and looks pretty cool. It could easily ride in the back of a truck to give power to additional lighting or maybe an FPV system, depending on voltage.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I like this video as it shows how to wire the balance plug correctly. Very important.
I’m not so sure about his using old laptop batteries but that might work. I’m not that smart. I prefer using new batteries.
phpBB [video]
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Very interesting ! We can see 18650 batteries at around 10,000 mAh ... is that realistic, according to you?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’m not smart enough to answer that question safely. I will have to defer that to my mentor Rad_Schuhart. He’s patiently taught me everything I know about batteries. I would hate to be the cause of somebody melting their tank’s computer board!
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

As today,
Low drain cell are rated up to 3.500 mah.
High drain cell (the ones you need) up to 3.000 mah.

10.000 mah cell not only does not exist, but is also the best way to detect fake and very low quality copy of a copy of a copy cell. They are not only dangerous but also have less mah than the normal grade cells. Say thanks if they have 1.000-1.500 mah. Avoid them like the plague
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Interesting battery info. It doesn't look too complicated. Maybe down the road a bit. The next tank will probably be a learning experience for airbrushing and a more detailed historic look...we'll have to see.
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Does anyone else on here think Jim's Tiger Commander looks a little like the former U.S. President George Bush Sr., or is it just me?
Eric.
Last edited by EAO on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Maybe he needs a few more wrinkles ;)
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

Thanks for the battery info Jimster and Rad. It's very helpful and 18650's look like a great option for rc tanks. Smaller, cheaper, less dangerous than lipos, and easy to put together, what's not to like?
A battery wholesaler in my part of the world has 3500mAh high discharge LG batteries for AUD$7.99 each so I think I'll order a few and give it go.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’m glad you will give it a go and I don’t think you’ll regret the change. I think every tank should come with them. Good luck to you and don’t forget the three wire balance plug. :thumbup:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”