Taigen JS2

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Taigen JS2

Post by Estnische »

Hey Herman,

Congrats on your purchase. That's a big commitment I know you didn't take lightly.

its a shame Mark had to go to Mato. I'm beginning to detest their parts.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Estnische wrote:Hey Herman,

Congrats on your purchase. That's a big commitment I know you didn't take lightly.

its a shame Mark had to go to Mato. I'm beginning to detest their parts.

Nope, lightly was not close and as for commitment, I fair shat myself when I hit the send money now on PayPal !!
Be nice to not have to begin with a discarded hand me down wreck for a change !
It will still need a bit of effort to get the way I want it, but no renovators dream/nightmare on this one :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Hi everyone,
congrats on your new acquisition Mr Bix :clap:
I have always liked the JS-2 tank, and when I saw the first utube review on this taigen tank ( in russian ) I wanted to get one. However, when the opportunity to get a built Tamiya JS-2 came up (cheap), I jumped at it. No one had received their pre order tanks at that time.
So, my question is, how does the Taigen JS-2 rate when compared to the Tamiya JS-2 ?
Build quality ?
Design / Scale Faults ?
Electronics?
Ease of use ?
I look forward to hearing some opinions.
Cheers
AK
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Afrikakorps wrote:Hi everyone,
congrats on your new acquisition Mr Bix :clap:
I have always liked the JS-2 tank, and when I saw the first utube review on this taigen tank ( in russian ) I wanted to get one. However, when the opportunity to get a built Tamiya JS-2 came up (cheap), I jumped at it. No one had received their pre order tanks at that time.
So, my question is, how does the Taigen JS-2 rate when compared to the Tamiya JS-2 ?
Build quality ?
Design / Scale Faults ?
Electronics?
Ease of use ?
I look forward to hearing some opinions.
Cheers
AK
Fair call mate.
Not having one or access to one(Tamiya, but I have seen one over 2 days in action & that had an Elmod board in it) they are fairly close to the same.
A point of difference is, the Tamiya is a pure kit, and as such you need to assemble it out of the box get it together, paint it and get it running.....
The Taigen is ,charge the battery & run it, albeit with the paint & set up it comes with.
I see them as too close to call.
I can buy an Elmod board, install it, and have mine under retail for a Tamiya kit in Australia by $240AUD.00 if thats a consideration.
The JS2 Tamiya is a very recent release, close to the same time as the Taigen, so no comparisons there.

Ease of use ? 10/10

From what I saw with the Tamy, and what I have here ?, same-same.........
You've got one, your happy with it, I've got one, I'm happy.....................

Everyone gets a participation ribbon :/
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Don't get me started on participation awards, Herman. I'll end up banned. :O
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Max-U52 wrote:Don't get me started on participation awards, Herman. I'll end up banned. :O
:shh: ;) not by me for the record .......Im the same on those :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Servus wrote:Congrats Herman no remorse or guilt any more once the button is pushed you could hear a Pin drop in the room many have such panic attacks ja the dreaded paypal confirm payment sent to seller lol.

Ha!!, bang on Mr Servus, once that button is punched, no time for regret !!
Down here having zero supply options kind of narrows the guilt-bandwidth :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Its only "ouch" at the moment of payment. A little "nervousness" while waiting for postage . Then all smiles and enjoyment when you open your parcel and start that new tank. :D
Congradulatios Herman, its a great tank. :thumbup:
Cheers
AK
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I will do an unboxing thread shortly.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Discussion”