Tank Transporters

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tank Transporters

Post by Tiger6 »

Yeah, smells a bit like a certain Hawaiian delicacy to me...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:25 pm Any tingling Mr Gunner ?
I do :think:
Oooh you devil, you're getting to know me far too well ;)
Tiger6 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:29 pm Yeah, smells a bit like a certain Hawaiian delicacy to me...
You telling me bull sh*t is a Hawaiian delicacy, well I never, you learn something new every day 8O
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

That WPL transporter posted on Ebay and other places is so small you can't even drive a Sherman up on it is as it's too narrow. The tracks on the Pershing are so wide they don't even touch the ramps. So putting a modern tank on that would probably break it and you couldn't possibly...ever...drive it onto the trailer unless you drove it up there from the side of the trailer. Even then the tracks would probably touch the ground being fully on the trailer. Exaggerating slightly, but the thing is small. Way too small for a modern tank.

The $2000+ Hooben transporter is probably the only readily available transporter on the market than could handle a modern tank and I've never seen one that anyone has purchased so who knows if it's even a real product. That's not counting for the fact that it's Hooben with all the customer service and parts issues that come along with that.

https://www.hooben-shop.com/collections ... 0738529435
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

You want to Mr Gunner ?
I’m
On holiday so you can wield the axe if you like
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Son of a gun-ner wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:44 pm
Tiger6 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:29 pm Yeah, smells a bit like a certain Hawaiian delicacy to me...
You telling me bull sh*t is a Hawaiian delicacy, well I never, you learn something new every day 8O

Sorry, had to. :/ I just borrowed this pic the other day for a particularly annoying offender on a FB group.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Due to the price of meat over here, I have heard this referred to as "Hawaiian Steak."
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

HERMAN BIX wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:32 am You want to Mr Gunner ?
I’m
On holiday so you can wield the axe if you like
He has gone, but I left his post for context of following posts.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

My woman likes spam....makes my skin crawl...
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

sassgrunt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:45 am Due to the price of meat over here, I have heard this referred to as "Hawaiian Steak."
I tried it a little while ago, made spam fritters, not at all how I remembered :(
They probably removed all the nice flavours making it more "healthy"
Funny, I tried a tin of Ye Old Oak Ham for the first time since I was a child, just to give my grandson a taste of my childhood, when he was about seven, he asked me if I'd given him cat food :haha: :haha:

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

tankme wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:02 pm That WPL transporter posted on Ebay and other places is so small you can't even drive a Sherman up on it is as it's too narrow. The tracks on the Pershing are so wide they don't even touch the ramps. So putting a modern tank on that would probably break it and you couldn't possibly...ever...drive it onto the trailer unless you drove it up there from the side of the trailer. Even then the tracks would probably touch the ground being fully on the trailer. Exaggerating slightly, but the thing is small. Way too small for a modern tank.

The $2000+ Hooben transporter is probably the only readily available transporter on the market than could handle a modern tank and I've never seen one that anyone has purchased so who knows if it's even a real product. That's not counting for the fact that it's Hooben with all the customer service and parts issues that come along with that.

https://www.hooben-shop.com/collections ... 0738529435
Sadly, you are so right. I have an extended Bruder trailer, and that is also too narrow. Correct size trailers are far too expensive for what they are.

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”