Wpl ural truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Wpl ural truck

Post by MichaelC »

tomhugill wrote:Does the two speed gearbox fit in without mods?
It does. I just put one into the original WPL 6x6 and then the Ural 6x6 which I turned into a Katyusha....... The top picture is the WPL 6x6, and the bottom is the Ural/Katyusha and I also added the metal transfer rods. Don't know how well they will run in the field yet.
Attachments
DSCN2101.JPG
DSCN2100.JPG
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That looks good. Where are you getting them? Got a link? 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I put proper electronics in my JJRC Q61 6x6 and it's just stupid fast, so a two speed GB might be the answer.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi chaps.
They are on e bay...just type in wpl 370 motor and 2 speed transmission and you will find them they even come with the servo for the gear change and naturally default to high ratio then the low ratio is engaged at will by actuating the servo
Will try and post a link.
Michael c i have the all metal upgrade on my wpl 6x6 inc the metal silver drive shafts like yours and they are great...i had to file off the depression on the end of the grub screw to get a better lock and added locktight to them and they are solid.
Heres a link to one seller but there are lots of sellers this is just an example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Speed-Gear ... Sw~etbLalD
Regards
Sub.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thank you berry much. I just ordered two. @)
Meatball9584
Private

Post by Meatball9584 »

Sub wrote: Michael c i have the all metal upgrade on my wpl 6x6 inc the metal silver drive shafts like yours and they are great...i had to file off the depression on the end of the grub screw to get a better lock and added locktight to them and they are solid.
Heres a link to one seller but there are lots of sellers this is just an example
Sub.
Hi Sub, I'm having real issues with the grub screws, the supplied Allen key is terrible, any advice ?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Buy a bottoming tap - my experience with the cheap parts is that they are not fully tapped to the bottom of the pilot hole, so the grub screw doesn't engage properly on the shaft even tho it feels tight.
I forget what I paid for my set, probably about a fiver off Amazon, but that cured the problem for me.
Meatball9584
Private

Post by Meatball9584 »

Cheers,

Sounds like a great plan.

Can you remember the size?
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi meatball.
My holes were tapped fully.
The allen key supplied is useless.
You can buy an allen key of good quality from a nut and bolt stockist for a 2mm allen screw i think itz something like 0.87mm or similar for a few pence.
Try running the allen screw down without the shaft connected and see if it does go all the way through as mentioned ...if not then you will need a 2mm tap to run down.
What issues are you having coming loose or not tightening up.
Sub
Meatball9584
Private

Post by Meatball9584 »

Not tightening up, and now not loosening out, like you said the Allen key is crap

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”